How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install

ryecoaaron

NextCloud's Preview generator - can't get it to work

hemlig

The Class E Network

geaves

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Configuration Backup.

Quote from ravennevar: “However, it will not connect when using Putty even though it has a static IP. ” When you boot into clonezilla, it is using dhcp not the static ip you set in when it is running OMV.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Forum Error Report.

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

I'm sorry you went through all that pain but reverting back to the 4.9 kernel is not necessary. You do need to make sure backports (button to do that in omv-extras) are enabled to get the latest virtualbox package that is compatible with the 4.18…
  • hemlig -

Replied to the thread NextCloud's Preview generator - can't get it to work.

chowned all the files and folders in /config/www/netcloud to abc:abc and got it generating previews now. Hopefully it will work now, I just need to change the php limit value. Thanks for the help!
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

1 Forward 2 Back!! Had to go back to OMV's dhcp, my 2 satellite boxes won't connect to pi-hole's dhcp this could well it transmits *(it's ip address) as their computer name....angry ip scanner also doesn't detect them. They operate a 5Ghz mesh, even…
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Rsnapshot needs to much space on target.

Like (Post)
    It is difficult to figure out the actual size of rsync snapshots. The reason is that several snapshots may share copies of the same file, if the file didn't change between snapshots. That is why you use rsync snapshots. But the snapshots looks as if…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Built-in backup fails.

Quote from Adoby: “It would be great if OMV added some functionality so that you can set a flag somewhere and reboot. And during the reboot a clean full snapshot of the root filesystem is created. Or restored. ” This would require the OS filesystem…
  • Warlock00 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x How to read usb device.

Thread
    Hello everyone! I would like to know if there is a way to be able to read a usb device when it is connected so that you can transfer the files that are there without having to change the file system or mount it every time. for example, if I wanted to…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from trohn_javolta: “No, I upgraded from debian jessie to debian stretch using omv-upgrade. ” I'm sorry but iIf your system has php 7.2 on it, you at least upgraded some components to buster. There is no php 7.2 in stretch backports. Quote…
  • Trailerstar -

Replied to the thread Built-in backup fails.

Yes, I agree to not backup tmp files or folders. But in this case there is nothing I could do about it. Deselecting it for example. Because the built-in backup in OMV GUI has just one button stating "Start". So I consider this function pretty useless,…