openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Your user account was used to log in to the openmediavault control panel via a web browser.

Genna

Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure

Genna

rsync - omv to win

houndhunger

Check last accessed folder from a Windows user

sbocquet

Raspberry PI 3B+ File Copy Fails, Works on 3B

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• DanieleU. -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Blabla: “Just a question: is this error during installation normal? Quote: “Building initial module for 4.14.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 configure: error: *** Please make sure the kmod spl devel <kernel> package for your *** distribution is installed…
  • Genna -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Your user account was used to log in to the openmediavault control panel via a web browser..

Hi, about cookies, there is no cookie problem with HTTP. The 1st time i connect, i can save cookie. in HTTPs, for a local network use only, there is some security error message i can pass through, with special rule in FF or Chrome, but cookie is not…
  • Genna -

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Procedure.

Hi all, back to 3.0.99 on all my NAS. I prefer homogeneous NAS. I don't see improvement with 4.1 version for my use, but some difficulties, or different settings to work properly. I will try in a few months 4.x thanks all.
  • houndhunger -

Replied to the thread rsync - omv to win.

It is about 2TB of data. Rsync can handle anything I'll ask, I think. Primary - live Data are on NAS - OMV. I want it to be synced-pushed as one way copy to different machine. For now I'm still aiming for ARM board based PC with one HDD attached. This…
  • sbocquet -

Replied to the thread Check last accessed folder from a Windows user.

Yyou can read the atime, mtime or ctime of any file in a shell script Source Code (9 lines) If you want the last access datetime of a bunch of file in some directories (recursive), you can do a thing like this: Source Code (2 lines)
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Raspberry PI 3B+ File Copy Fails, Works on 3B.

Quote from KiwiSteve: “Has anyone else seen wired network errors with the 3B+ during file copy? ” Sure. It's lousy hardware and networking has obviously not been tested by the vendor prior to product launch. Somewhere here you find the ugly details: New
  • visualteo1 -

Replied to the thread Check last accessed folder from a Windows user.

In this moment there isn't a personal backup, nas with openmediavault born for this use. NAS is syncronized with active directory throught LDAP Microsoft. We autorize only domain user to access in to nas.
  • bookie56 -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

• MorgothQ -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (stable) Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Post 3.x -> 4.x upgrade error.

Found the answer to this one here: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-defaults/+bug/1579480 Quote from MorgothQ: “ I'm also getting the following in my e-mail, as opposed to the normal message about logins, updates and such: Source Code (3 lines)”
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread ZFS Degraded Pool.

I did a scrub of my backup disk and found 4 "unrecoverable" errors. I'll be looking into what that means and how to correct it.