openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Just sharing a small MiniDLNA tip I worked out, hope it saves someone some hair-pulling.

If you want to use symlinks to share files via MiniDLNA, you might find that media files appear to be served but you can't connect to them.

You need to enable a config option for this to work:

Go to the DLNA section in OMV's web GUI.
    Scroll the bottom section named 'Extra options'
    Type in wide_links=yes
    Save and apply.

• New

Hallo Gemeinde,
    nach dem mein ich jetzt mein OVM4 auf meinem
    Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R mit einem kleinen intel E6600 2,4GHz und 8GB Ram instaliert hab hab ich volgendes Problem.

Ich habe 8 Sata Platten verbaut,1 SSD (/dev/dsg ) als System Platte, 3 x2Tb WD Platten als Raid5 ( dev/sda-sdc) die spielen auch sauber.

eine kleine 250Gb Maxtor um Daten mit anderen zu teilen FTP zugiff (dev/sdh)
    und 3 x1TB (/dev/sdd-sdf) die eigendlich auch ein Raid bilden sollen. aber es gelingt nicht :(
    sie werden erkanntsiehe Bild 1

wenn ich jetzt zum reiter Dateisystem wechsel und auf erstellen klicke

kann ich eine Platte auswählwn und sag Dateisystem erstellen. Bild2

dann arbeitet das system bild3

aber am ende ist die Platte nicht vorhanden und ich ich kann sie auch nicht einhängen. Bild4

habt ihr eine Idee was da schief leuft?

LG Peter aus Berlin
  • New

Hi all, I'm hosting my website with Nginx server and MySQL installed on a Raspberry pi 3B+; my OMV is version 4.
    Because some scripts run only on apache server, I need to install apache but I saw that there is no Docker arm container for apache.
    What do you suggest to do ?
    Please point me in the right direction....Thanks !!!1 :D
  • New

I am interested in serving some audio files I have on omv to my lan via RSS. Basically I'd like to be able to subscribe to a locally served RSS feed and download the files listed on the RSS over http. So for instance I'd subscribe to http://192.168.0.3/audiobooks/Martin/Game-of-thrones and be able to listen to the files in my podcast player. I have some code to generate the RSS xml already, so my question is more about how to serve it.

Does anyone have any ideas for good ways to do this? I see there is an nginx plugin-- is that the best approach? As someone who doesn't know much about networking, how do I ensure that the feed is only visible to the lan (i.e. not accessible to wan)?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

What to do if hardware fail?

geaves

Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV

geaves

Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks

bitwarden question

Blabla

festplatten lassen sich nicht einbinden. wer kann Helfen

Peter Cool_Bln

Recent Activities