openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking

flmaxey

The Class E Network

ryecoaaron

Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start

gderf

Not all disks (volumes) appear in SNMP monitoring

donh

Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

Like (Post)
    I have noticed no slowness. I ran the GRC DNS test after setting up the unbound resolver, and my server was the fastest as well as most secure.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Pi-Hole - Network wide Ad blocking.

I installed unbound on my OMV server, and referenced it in my Pihole/Docker install by OMV's IP address. Cached entries are blazingly fast and the entire DNS function is much more secure. For those who may be inclined to set up unbound it's a real…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “The one thing I found was when unbound was running directly on OMV, (like I had done ) OMV could not do dns resolution. ” Since you can't set a port for the dns server in the omv web interface, it would be difficult to use…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

No DNS problems here that I can see. My Plex docker is able to grab metadata from external sites and check for updates.
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Not all disks (volumes) appear in SNMP monitoring.

Try snmpwalk -v2c -c public 10.0.83.1 change public to your comunity name and ip to your omv name or ip. Should stream a lot of text. Look for other disks. Can't remember if I had to install any other packages. dpkg -l |grep snmp ii libsnmp-base
  • dky1e -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Docker plugin - After the last update it does not start.

Anyone else unable to do dns name lookups from a docker container anymore? I got my emby docker container working again but noticed that it's unable to check for updates, or download movie metadata from external sites.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Got it working between the 2 IP addresses. I had to install dnsutils on this particular OMV box but, other than that, it was pretty straight forward. Now, to test it a bit. It may still be possible that this function (unbound) might work with Pi-Hole,…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Quote from DrPeril: “Has any progress been made on the -as plugin? ” No and I doubt anyone is going to work on it. If you install the openvpn-as package, it has its own web interface and doesn't really need a plugin.
  • DrPeril -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?.

Has any progress been made on the -as plugin? I've been bouncing my head off of dockers and plugins and command lines oh my! @TechnoDadLife - I followed your guide to setup transmission-openvpn, might it be conflicting with openvpn-as dockers? I think…
  • ryecoaaron -

In that output, I don't see any reason the service wouldn't start unless that is the output after you manually start it.