openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

tkaiser

Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other

darkarn

RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared

Sc0rp

Moving drives to HBA from onboard controller

how to modify OMV mount point and add shared folders?

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Quote from N3ST: “Quick question is it possible to upgrade the firmware from 4.9.37 to 4.9.46 or will I have to reinstall everything from scratch? ” That's the kernel, not 'firmware' :) Yes, can be updated on the image with 'apt upgrade' but currently…
  • darkarn -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other.

Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, Quote from darkarn: “Before setting each link as their own subnet instead of all under one subnet, Windows-PC can ping both NAS1 and NAS2, but NAS1 and NAS2 can't ping to any machine ” That sounds really weired. But in your…
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

Re, Quote from tkaiser: “Is it possible that the Adaptec changed disk geometry (possibly hiding sectors from the beginning of the disk since used 'internally')? ” Yeah. HW-RAID-Controllers normally working on pure LBA, which makes easy to "hide"…
  • N3ST -

Replied to the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Hi tKaiser, Thank you for all the amazing work for the Odroid Xu4. Quick question is it possible to upgrade the firmware from 4.9.37 to 4.9.46 or will I have to reinstall everything from scratch? Best regards, N3ST
  • Sc0rp -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other.

Re, Quote from darkarn: “Before setting each link as their own subnet instead of all under one subnet, Windows-PC can ping both NAS1 and NAS2, but NAS1 and NAS2 can't ping to any machine ” That sounds really weired. But in your construction i would…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread RAID 6 Array (6x8TB) device Disappeared.

Quote from calvin940: “I'll let you know how plan B goes (but really I think the probability is not on my side) ” Well, based on what you reported it seems the Adaptec ate vital information on all your disks :( Quote from calvin940: “OR... SHOULD I GO…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x No HDMI output on OMV 3.0.87 image for Banana PI.

Quote from dudeofx: “I noticed it didn't delete the 1st time boot file either, soo yea I am guessing something malfunctioned ” Yep, smells like filesystem corrupted and already set to read-only. Wrt HDMI I don't know, it should work but the last…
  • dojrude -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Docker - Folder settings.

Thread
    I'm a complete docker newbie and looking at using it as a way of separating plugins from the OS. I'm trying to get my first plugin up and running (sabnzbd) and while I can talk to it over the network, I'm having real problems with the folders and…
  • HotBlack -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from HotBlack: “but are 3.x plugins still compatible? ” Some are but why would they need to be? 4.x repos are ready. Quote from HotBlack: “In fact if anybody has any useful info I would be very grateful to hear how…
  • Lucas.kr -

Liked davidh2k’s post in the thread German: OMV Anleitung für Anfänger.

Like (Post)
    --> I will translate this Article to english later on. Da in letzter Zeit gehäuft Themen auftauchen, durch die ersichtlich wird dass die Ersteller die Funktionsweise von OMV nicht verstanden haben, werde ich im folgenden euch eine Einweisung geben, die…