openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hallo,

also ich nutzte OMV4, seit Beta, auch ohne Probleme, irgendwann vor ein paar Wochen bekam ich immer Mails vom NAS, das die Rootplatte über 90% gefüllt sei, also apt clean, Protokolle löschen, brachte paar MB, aber nicht der Rede wert.

Nun dachte ich setze mal alles neu auf, und wieder von der 16GB SSD nur 3Gb genutzt, der Rest Extended bzw. Swap., Systempartition ist nach der Install zu 50% gefüllt, nach den Updates bin ich schon wieder bei etwa 80% Füllungsgrad, habe jetzt auch Flash-Speicher Installiert und Konfiguriert, das es mir zumindest die Protokolle da nicht mehr drauf schreibt.

Habe versucht mit fdisk die swap zu entfernen und die Root auf komplette Plattengröße zu erweitern, ohne Erfolg, Gparted funktionierte auch nicht, habe dort drei Partitionen, eine root (sda1) eine Extended (sda2) und eine swap(sda5), keine Ahnung wie ich da vorgehen muss.

Vielleicht könnt ihr mir helfen...

mfg René
  • New

Hi,

as a novice I do have two questions.

1. after activation the mail-notifications I thought, that when an update appears I will get a notification, that an update is available (with the last debian update, there has been no notification)??

2. As I'm not an linux expert I don't really know, when I have to restart the OMV-System or not? Sometimes I actually need to make a restart after installing updates, sometimes not... A notification pop-up would be cool to know, that the changes only take effect when rebooting....
  • New

Hi,

I've started playing with the odroid HC2 and OMV 4, the system work well but sometimes the board is not reachable from the browser. This occur randomly and very often, like after 10 hours sometimes.

The only way I've found to connect with the board again, is to unplug/plug the ethernet cable (but sometimes this does not work) or unplug/plug the power cable.

When i reconnect with the board by unplug/plug the ethernet cable the uptime counter is not 0, so i think that the problem is related with the communication between the board and the router.

How can i find out what it is going on? there is some log to read or something like that? is this a common problem of the odroid boards?

Thanks

OMV version: 4.1.18-2

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Plex plugin installation fails

icecore

Duplicati password ?

Remi

Disk Usage empty

camjesus2

WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS

ellnic

Systemplatte 16GB, 3GB root, die laufen auch noch voll mit der Zeit

Recent Activities

• icecore -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Plex plugin installation fails.

I had same issue and solved it. OMV version: 4.1.19-1 Source of the issue: Created shared folder to 'plexmediaserver' (Plex data). Fixed by: Go to SMB/CIFS tab > Added those folders Go to Shared folders > ACL > Added relevant user permissions (plex
  • Remi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Duplicati password ?.

Yes I did have installed ,but newer used (learning as a new user) and to be honest can't remeber setting up password. :( (always writing down all passwords) For some reason duplicati adapted my login details from OMV 4 . All sorted (lucky guess).
  • hoppel118 -

Liked ellnic’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Like (Post)
    Debian will never stop having ZFS and I can’t see the plugin disappearing either. If the default for OMV 5 is BTFRS, that’s not the end of the world. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • camjesus2 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk Usage empty.

...even the png files @ /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd get correctly generated. So the graphs are being generated by rrdtool. starting to think nginx is to blame...
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Debian will never stop having ZFS and I can’t see the plugin disappearing either. If the default for OMV 5 is BTFRS, that’s not the end of the world. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ellnic -

Liked hoppel118’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Like (Post)
    Hi, today I updated to the latest kernel 4.19 in debian backports: Source Code (2 lines) zfs 0.7.12 was already installed: Source Code (6 lines) Everything seems to work as expected so far. Regards Hoppel
  • camjesus2 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Disk Usage empty.

In /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost I do have, amongst others, df-srv-vpool and disk-sdf. I assume this means collected does collect data. If I delete them, they get regenerated. It seems to be a "display glitch" (or a total missunderstanding from my…
  • KeBeNe -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Systemplatte 16GB, 3GB root, die laufen auch noch voll mit der Zeit.

Thread
    Hallo, also ich nutzte OMV4, seit Beta, auch ohne Probleme, irgendwann vor ein paar Wochen bekam ich immer Mails vom NAS, das die Rootplatte über 90% gefüllt sei, also apt clean, Protokolle löschen, brachte paar MB, aber nicht der Rede wert. Nun…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BTRFS disk pool mounted not showing in webui.

You can delete the post by yourself by "advanced edit" of the post. Then there is a function to move the post to the recycle bin.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 0.4 Need advice. Grow raid or LVM.

Quote from striscio: “I used it on another file server and AFAIR is simpler to add couples of different disks (mirror) to grow the available space. I'm I right? ” The situation is quite similar to classic RAID. It is possible to grow the pool by…