openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi All,

im connecting via VPN into my network- all is accessable also I can Ping OMV and I can see the login Page of OMV in my Safari Browser (iOS) but if I enter my credentials - i will be throw back to Login page... if i enter my credentials wrong i get the normal error message that the credentials are wrong...

The VPN runs on a RPi - before it was running on the NAS (OMV) itself ... and there i dont had the problem to enter the GUI of OMV.

What could be the problem?

I have no problem to enter SSH on OMV via VPN in actually constellation - that works - just GUI Login wont work.

I apriciate any help
  • New

Greetings.

I've started constructing my build a couple of months ago.

I build it upon an old ASUS P5Q-E I had with an Intel Dual core Duo E8500 3.2Ghz, that gives me 6 + 2 x Sata II 3Gbps (the +2 is for eazy backup but with a little tempering I made a good use for the one of them) so total 7 sata II ports :D

The mobo also had ide conectors so I user an old 160GB ide HD for the omv + plex.

System has 4 GB of RAM and running fairly smooth but I'm thinking to put another 4GB.

Currently I'm running on raid 5 with 4 x WD Red NAS 4TB and in the future I'll completed with another 3 (but I need to change my 550 PSU with something bigger, maybe a corsair 750 CXi).

After setting the initial build I had the idea to buy a Dell Perc 6i Pci-e SAS Raid Controller (I can find cheap on ebay with battery and cables) so I'll have the advantage of the cache in case of.. I don't know :)

I also bought a 1500 VA UPS (with 0.6 factor so I think it will fit great with the 750 PSU).

Currently I've sorted…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Planmäßige SMART-Tests starten nicht

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

Blabla

Unable to access OMV Gui via VPN

Best silent micro ATX case?

Blabla

Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd

macom

Recent Activities

• DerVerloreneSohn -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Planmäßige SMART-Tests starten nicht.

Thread
    Ich habe für alle meine Festplatten planmäßige SMART-Tests eingerichtet. Diese Nacht jedoch lief keiner davon durch. Ich habe vier Laufwerke, für welche ich alle um 4 * * * (also 4 Uhr, jeden Tag), einen kurzen Selbsttest eingestellt habe. Einmal im…
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Hi, I need to turn off my NAS for some days, should I install the new 4.17 kernel or is better to remain with the 4.16?
  • xsasx -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Unable to access OMV Gui via VPN.

Thread
    Hi All, im connecting via VPN into my network- all is accessable also I can Ping OMV and I can see the login Page of OMV in my Safari Browser (iOS) but if I enter my credentials - i will be throw back to Login page... if i enter my credentials wrong i…
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread Best silent micro ATX case?.

Quote from gderf: “Is there some reason you can't run a headless server and place it somewhere it can't be heard? Mine is in my gun safe. ” Sadly yes :/ My home is old and I don't have ethernet plug everywhere.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd.

Quote from mcgyver83: “What about configuring e real raid 1 with an already filled disk? ” Using RAID in combination with RPi is not recommended. Many issues have been reported in the forums.
  • mcgyver83 -

Replied to the thread rootfs matches resource limit.

Ok, in fact were media and metadata folder the fat ones. I moved to the external hdd drive using symlink and now I'm fine. Thanks to your hints I can find out who is taking too much space ;) Thanks
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Adding usb external HDD to mirror some folder from another hdd.

Quote from mcgyver83: “I bought another external usb hdd (same capacity) and I want to setup OMV to "mirror" some folder from the old hdd to this new one. ” Set up a rsync or rsnapshot job to mirror the two drives. usb-backup plugin might also be a…
  • mcgyver83 -

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from mcgyver83: “Hi all, I'm running OMV3 on a raspberry pi2 B. I have an external USB hdd where I have some photos and data as a backup. Since a couple of weeks I started receiving warning mail from SMART related to this…
  • mcgyver83 -

Quote from Adoby: “Why not just copy over the contents of the old drive to the new? Why use OMV? ” I'm using OMV for many things and also as backup platform. The main backup storage is attached to the raspberry with OMV.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

If you know what sftp is, tell me how it does not meet your needs.