openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello all,

I am stuck and need some assistance. I recently increased the size of my disk from 11TB to 15.2TB. OMV 4.1.3 sees the disk at the correct size but I cannot get the Ext4 FS to resize. I have deleted all shares so nothing is referenced. When I click resize the screen blinks and nothing happens. I am not good at command line but I can usually muddle my way through.

I do not have physical access to the server at this time only remote console. Do I need to expand the FS from the CLI? I know my disk is /dev/sb1.

Are there a set of commands that I can run to expand the FS to the max size without losing my existing data?

Thank you!

-John
  • New

Hello I hope you can help.
    On my system runs OMV 4.1.13-1 with Docker 4.1 and Kernel 4.18.0-0

When start OMV and I don't login in, comes following massage.

Source Code

1. [17280.218531] INFO: task md0_raid5:208 blocked for more than 120seconds.
    2. [17280.218612] Not tainted 4.18.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 Debian 4.18.6-1~bpo9+1
    3. [17280.218681] "echo 0> /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
    4. [17280.218937] Info: task jbd2/md0-8:564 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
    5. and so on
    This message is only on the screen, in the log files I don't found this

What means this message and how can isolve it? ?(
  • New

Good afternoon, everyone,
    I have a question we currently have two locations. As far as I know it is possible to integrate several file systems into OMV. Now the question is: We have two locations file system A is at location A and file system B is at location B. Is there loadbalancing at OMV so that employees at location B can only access data from file system B?

The problem is that the following large data must be available at each location. Now I have considered to transfer the data from file system A to B once at 0 o'clock at night. Depending on the location, the employees should then be able to access the next possible file system to have the fastest connection.

Is such a thing possible with OMV if yes how would you realize it ? The connection between the locations is really very bad. That's why the synchronization between the locations is at 0 o'clock at night.

Thank you in advance for replying
  • New

Hello!,

I didnt notice this "bug" but a couple of days ago, I tried to save some files to my share fodler. As usual, I logged in via SMB, everything ok, I created a folder and ok, but when I tried to save some files in this new Folder, I receive an error, that I dont have enough rights to save this file.

As the title says, the last big change in this nas was the update from the version 2 to 3, after taht I didnt test if everything was ok. I didnt save anything until a couple of days, wich now is really anoying. Could somebody tell me what is wrong?

Best regards.

ML

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

trohn_javolta

Resize Ext4 FS button not working

The Class E Network

flmaxey

Recovering from a drive failure

Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected.

keribi560

Recent Activities

• trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yes but I would use apt-get --purge autoremove. Just don't assume armbian-config is going to magically fix this system. ” I installed docker and am currently switching all my stuff to docker containers. Then I will uninstall…
  • jgkurz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resize Ext4 FS button not working.

Thread
    Hello all, I am stuck and need some assistance. I recently increased the size of my disk from 11TB to 15.2TB. OMV 4.1.3 sees the disk at the correct size but I cannot get the Ext4 FS to resize. I have deleted all shares so nothing is referenced. When I…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “TBH never heard of 'Catalytic' wood burners this site explains the functionality which by reading it improves the stoves efficiency, but the price on that site is a bit eye popping :) ” That's the genius behind the Englander design -…
  • geaves -

Quote from flmaxey: “Well,, I simply looked at a map, but you followed the route! I know exactly what to do now - thanks for the tips. ” I was just pleased to get it sorted, there is one quirky thing which I can't get my head around you get an…
  • flmaxey -

Well,, I simply looked at a map, but you followed the route! :) I know exactly what to do now - thanks for the tips. :thumbsup: Since we're talking about a near zero resources setup, I have an older B+ model I think I'll use for this. (The pi-hole folks say…
  • keribi560 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

I did forget to unmount the drives from the OMV 2xx before moving them to the OMV 4xx box,. I hope this is not a fatal mistake for the raid 5 array? It seems to have mounted in the OMV 4xx box fine. But OMV 4xx will not let me mount the single drive…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

Search the forums for "wipefs" and you will find some threads dealing with this issue.
  • vandog -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Info message comes up when I don't login.

Thread
    Hello I hope you can help. On my system runs OMV 4.1.13-1 with Docker 4.1 and Kernel 4.18.0-0 When start OMV and I don't login in, comes following massage. Source Code (6 lines)This message is only on the screen, in the log files I don't found…
  • Kotera -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update OMV update.

Oh.. I found now that time on my device was so wrong. I changed it manually now, and everything is working perfect again. Thank you :)
  • martinmedia -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

Thread
    Good afternoon, everyone, I have a question we currently have two locations. As far as I know it is possible to integrate several file systems into OMV. Now the question is: We have two locations file system A is at location A and file system B is at…