openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi, Is there an ISO that is compatible with the Libre Computers AML-S905X-CC board?

I have tried to get OMV running on it by installing armbian, and then installing OMV, but either I have made a mistake or, I am just doing it all wrong (the most likely reason).

So if there is an ISO that is compatible with this board can someone point me in the right direction. Of if the board is useless for OMV (I use a Raspberry Pi 3 at the moment), let me know that too.

Thanks.
  • New

Trying to move from FreeNAS to OMV so I decided to test on a spare server.I have a 60gb boot drive with OMV installed. Boots up fine with only 1 HD. If plug in a 2TB drive to set it up as a "share" it fails on boot.
    If I hotswap the 2TB, I can quick wipe it but then when I try to setup a share I cannot select the hard drive in the browser. Its like the interface isnt working correctly. On reboot with a hard drive in as a data drive, I see the below pictured error.

pic of error:
    imgur.com/a/aNQMt
  • New

Hi all,

I can create a ZFS mirror pool from two unencrypted devices no problem but if I encrypted two devices with the LUKS plugin, unlock them and try to create ZFS pool, I get:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin;/sbin;/usr/bin;/usr/sbin;/user/local/bin;/usr/local/sbin;export LANG=C; zpool create "SEC2" mirror 2?&1' with exit code '1':invalid vdev specification:mirror requires at least 2 devices.

SEC2 is the name of the pool. I have selected two devices so it must be outputing that because it doesn't recognise the device properly or something. :P

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Compatible ISO for LePotato?

OMV 4.0.14 boot issues on new install

themagicm

Data migration

subzero79

DIY NAS Build: Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V & Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini-ITX

tkaiser

Sonarr and Radarr OMV 4.0

gderf

Recent Activities

• spinach -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread Data migration.

Like (Post)
    Let me know if you find this useful. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…ation/services/rsync.html If something is missing I’ll add it. I think the last paragraph is misplaced should be at the end of client not server.
  • wonderbiscut -

Posted the thread Compatible ISO for LePotato?.

Thread
    Hi, Is there an ISO that is compatible with the Libre Computers AML-S905X-CC board? I have tried to get OMV running on it by installing armbian, and then installing OMV, but either I have made a mistake or, I am just doing it all wrong (the most likely…
  • themagicm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) OMV 4.0.14 boot issues on new install.

aannnddd...stupid me.. @subzero..yep.. thanks man.. needed to mount it.
  • themagicm -

Ok, after wiping a drive I am trying to add a share. When I click on "Add" then try to select a device from the dropdown, there is nothing there.
  • themagicm -

ok, figured out part of it. Switched from testing to the 3.x branch. Now I can boot with my data drives in there. I'll see if I can add my data drive after wiping.
  • subzero79 -

Swapping drives doesn’t work, unless they have the same file system and same label. A drive available in the drop down menu is a drive registered in the database. The new drive needs to be mounted through the webui.
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread Data migration.

Let me know if you find this useful. openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…ation/services/rsync.html If something is missing I’ll add it. I think the last paragraph is misplaced should be at the end of client not server.
  • themagicm -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) OMV 4.0.14 boot issues on new install.

Thread
    Trying to move from FreeNAS to OMV so I decided to test on a spare server.I have a 60gb boot drive with OMV installed. Boots up fine with only 1 HD. If plug in a 2TB drive to set it up as a "share" it fails on boot. If I hotswap the 2TB, I can quick…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread DIY NAS Build: Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V & Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini-ITX.

Quote from Bennni: “I am very disappointed with the Sandisk Ultra Fit drive. ” Tiny format --> shitty heat dissipation (I own the same thing but tested it too late). Since it's strongly recommended to test each and every flash drive with either F3 or
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Sonarr and Radarr OMV 4.0.

Quote from pezman: “Anyone know when Sonarr and Radarr plugin for 4.0 is ready? Or do I have to use the docker plugin for it? ” I didn't wait for an OMV 4.0 Sonarr plugin to materialize and went with a docker. And given the monstrosity of Mono which…