openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I use two WD Red 6 TB each in Luks encrypted, unlocked at boot, and in an ZFS morror pool integrated.

SMART send me an notification, that there are 16 pendig sectors, 0 allocated, 0 offline uncorrectable and 1 multizone error. The day before yesterday I got the notification from weekly SMART self check that the multizone error was discovered, today I received the notification about the pending sectors.

The pending sectors wait for their reallocation, how can I force this or trigger this?

The ZFS pool is still availabe, backups are done already.

Is the removal of the disk, zero whipe it, encrypt it again and adding it back to the ZFS mirror pool an solution?
  • New

Hallo,

irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?!

Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte.

- p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein
    - p2 wird die eigentliche System Partition sein, oder
    - p3 kann ich als Frei nutzen und auch Daten darauf ablegen (Zur Zeit nutze ich diese unter anderem für die Plex Datenbank)

Wie jedoch zu sehen ist, wird p2 bald voll !!! Dies passiert leider immer wieder mal das sie voll ist und ich komme dann nicht mir übers WebUI auf den Server.
    Dann muss ich per SSH immer erstmal Log Dateien löschen damit es wieder läuft.

Dies würde ich gerne vermeiden ...

- Zum einen was kann ich tun, das die Partition nicht immer wieder mit Log Dateien und Aktualisierungsreste etc zufüllt ?

- Des weiteren, wie kann ich die Partition vergrößern ? Oder dem System sagen das es auch p4 nutzen kann ?

- Warum heißt p4 Systemplatte ?

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen

Grüße & Danke vorab
    Torsten
  • New

I hope it's the right session.
    I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside.
    do I have to log in as root or as a simple user?
    if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders and if I do cd /New folder directly appears bash: cd: / new folder: File or directory does not exist,
    where am I wrong?
    sorry but I'm a newbie and sorry for the english :/
  • New

Hi,

I have a 4 bay NAS with 2 disk 2TB each.
    I want to configure SnapRaid + UnionFS.

With SnapRaid:

Disk1 -> Parity
    Disk2 -> Data + content

Its says that I need to have 2 content disk at least, what i am suppose to do ? can i set it up like

Disk1 -> Content + parity
    Disk2 -> Content + Data

? is this correct ?

What about UnionFS ? Can I merge Disk1 and Disk2 as a single disk called "storage" ? or is useless sicne the disk1 is used for parity only ?

thank you

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Samba share crashes with Lubuntu 18.04

Raid degraded, cannot add disk

geaves

Force reallocation of pending sectors

Time machine backup on SMB share

ajaja

Transcode folder for plex docker.

R0vsvamp

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread Raid degraded, cannot add disk.

Quote from Theelepel88: “That absolutly fixxed it, maby someone can add the blkid to the default questions :) My raid is rebuilding now so i'm a very happy man! ” :thumbsup: :thumbsup: excellent, well done.
  • Theelepel88 -

Replied to the thread Raid degraded, cannot add disk.

That absolutly fixxed it, maby someone can add the blkid to the default questions :) My raid is rebuilding now so i'm a very happy man!
  • riff-raff -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Force reallocation of pending sectors.

Thread
    I use two WD Red 6 TB each in Luks encrypted, unlocked at boot, and in an ZFS morror pool integrated. SMART send me an notification, that there are 16 pendig sectors, 0 allocated, 0 offline uncorrectable and 1 multizone error. The day before yesterday I…
  • ajaja -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Time machine backup on SMB share.

Perhaps there are clues in my experience this week: My TM has not been working on two servers. I just stopped using it. With @tkaiser asserting that it works; I decided to reinstall the plugin. It did not work. I then thought about wether this may be a…
  • R0vsvamp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transcode folder for plex docker..

I have been very happy with my OMV server for the last 3 years, but every time something comes up, like major updates, this docker and so on - I allways run in to trouble. I feel like i'm so close but yet so far from getting this to work now. I am on…
  • R0vsvamp -

I dont know what this is sir: mergerfs(UnionFS. But all my drives are formatted EXT4 yes.
  • ajaja -

Quote from R0vsvamp: “All my shared folders have Read/write permissions, and my user have read/write permissions to the shared folders and to the docker. ” Are you using mergerfs(UnionFS)? Are you drives formatted EXT4?
  • FlotteTotte -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Wie OMV Partitionen richtig nutzen und wie LOG Müll vermeiden.

Thread
    Hallo, irgendwie verstehe ich die von OMV automatisch angelegten Partitionen nicht so ganz ?! forum.openmediavault.org/index…f315265987f2f105520c14ca6 Ich nutze für OMV eine NVME M2 Platte. - p1 wird irgendwas fürs System sein - p2 wird die…
  • Warlock00 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SSH for newbie.

Thread
    I hope it's the right session. I'm new to linux and omw and I would like to know how to access the cards I created and then move the files inside. do I have to log in as root or as a simple user? if I do cd / home and then ls -l I can not find folders…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Quote from Jieta25460: “It's strange ... when I install omv in june I had root access ... ” Something has happened to the system since then. I'm running out of ideas but: ls -al /bin/bash dmesg | tail -n10