openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I had a 4TB external host powered USB drive (Samsung M3 portable) which I had initially configured with OMV. After having a few issues with it I shit down, removed the drive, plugged it into my Ubuntu laptop & used Gparted to format the drive with the intention of pushing my data onto it then re-adding the drive to the system.
    At the moment the drive is not attached, and it is correctly reported as missing from the storage>file systems section.
    However, my feeling is that I would like to remove anything related to this drive from OMV and when I introduce the drive again, it will look at it like a "fresh new drive".
    But, in storage>file system, if I select the drive (so it goes yellow), I do not have the ability to delete it as it is greyed out.
    Unsure how to proceed.. any ideas? Many thanks!

PS I'm new to the forum & installed OMV with tuts from "dad" and using this forum & Reddit. Thanks to everyone who contrbutes!
  • New

Hi
    I removed a user from OMV lately. Iremoved also everything else like Shares and quota too.
    Now I added a new user and want to givehim a quota.
    It fails because OMV is claiming theremoved user isn't there anymore. I looked into config.xml and found the olduser still in quota!!
    Can I remove the user and run omv-mkconffstab without risking destroying anything?
    Regards
  • New

While trying to edit permissions for a new user, I ran into an unexpected problem. The web-gui gave me an error and said that one of my disks was busy and to check journalctl -xe for further information.

In journalctl, I find these messages:

Source Code

1. /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:2: Service name conflict, rootfs already defined'/'
    2. /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:34: Service name conflict, mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-xx already defined ''/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xx''

I get the same message for all my disks. I tried deleting the file /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf and restarted monit service, but the problem persists. I have no idea as to whats causing this?
  • New

Hello,

I have to VMs which are supposed to be running the same Arrakis version but not sure why they have different kernel versions despite they have the same apt/source.list.d/ files.

One runs with 4.9.0-8-amd64 and the other with 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii libopenmpt0:amd64 0.2.7386~beta20.3-3+deb9u3 amd64 module music library based on OpenMPT -- shared library
    iU openmediavault 4.1.22-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ic openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Is there any command to force an OMV upgrade or check? or should I force the installation of one of the kernels?

MERCI
    XabiX

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Unknown problem, monit might be the culprit

scienta

Cannot delete removed disk from storage>file systems

Steve*

Virtualbox - trying to access host so I can set up Win10 guest

muchgooder

User remains in quota (config.xml) and causes error when adding new qouta

bikepope

Nach OMV Installation auf QNAP TS-209 keine Netzwerkverbindung mehr zum NAS

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• scienta -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unknown problem, monit might be the culprit.

Quote from votdev: “This error occurs because you've one or more filesystems with the same label. ” Could it be because the fileysstem is referenced as /dev/sda1 in web-gui?
  • Steve* -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete removed disk from storage>file systems.

What a Twat, Techno Dad to the rescue! I forgot a stage, going into the SMB/CIFS shares and now I can see it all fine... Sorry for wasting anyones time but maybe this thread will help someone in the future! I just went through this video again and…
  • muchgooder -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox - trying to access host so I can set up Win10 guest.

I found another thread in this forum where a user had the same problem and fixed it by deleting the plugin (presumably there was a network setup issue). I did that and I decided to try to use the console again - finally got that to work. The new…
  • Steve* -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete removed disk from storage>file systems.

OK so the drive is attached but I think I know what the problem is. As I was having some trouble with it, when I took it out and formatted it in Ubuntu using Gparted I didn't label the drive, so maybe the system is looking for the drive under the label…
  • bikepope -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x User remains in quota (config.xml) and causes error when adding new qouta.

When I do omv-mkconf quota I get this: quotacheck: Prüfe /dev/sdb1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataStore1] fertig quotacheck: 23639 Verzeichnisse und 137854 Dateien geprüft quotaoff: Quotavollstreckung schon deaktiviert für group auf /dev/sdd quotaoff:…
  • geaves -

Quote from Steve*: “if I go into access rights management>shared folders I can see the drive and it shows a share, but if I select it I can only edit, not delete. ” You can only delete it if the drive is attached otherwise you have to edit the…
  • Steve* -

Hi @geaves thanks for that... if I go into access rights management>shared folders I can see the drive and it shows a share, but if I select it I can only edit, not delete. Is there a way round that? Thank you!
  • geaves -

Quote from Steve*: “But, in storage>file system, if I select the drive (so it goes yellow), I do not have the ability to delete it as it is greyed out. Unsure how to proceed.. any ideas? Many thanks! ” You need to plug the drive back in to OMV,…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Nach OMV Installation auf QNAP TS-209 keine Netzwerkverbindung mehr zum NAS.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Obwohl ich eigentlich auch einer bin, der Geräte möglichst einer Alternativnutzung zuführen möchte, wenn diese nicht mehr ganz 'up-to-date' sind. ” Geht mir genauso. Aber manchmal hilft halt alles nichts und verkaufen oder…
  • Steve* -

Here's the full error output: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-M34TBGeneral.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on…