openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,
    Please tell me if I missed subforum
    I installed OMV oh Raspberry Pi 2, it recognize MY Book USB external 2TB drive, mount file systems (one small partition - 500MB, and one big partition, the rest of storage), but in Shared foldersmenu in device dropdown box, I can see just small partition. Both partitions are NTFS. And yes, I mounted them via web interface, I don't use command line or GUI tool, like it is noted in FAQ.
    Any help, please?

• New

I'm running the latest OMV Arrakis together with the autoshutdown and wakealarm plugins. I configured autoshutdown in a way that it shuts the NAS down after some time of inactivity and wakealarm should wake the NAS up some hours later.

This sequence works exactly one time, that means:
    - manually start the NAS
    - autoshutdown shuts it down
    - wakealarm wakes it up
    - autoshutdown shuts it down
    - NAS never wakes up again

Every time I execute date -d @$(cat /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm) it shows me the correct time on the correct day, athough I never had a look immediately before shutting the NAS down. So waking up by RTC is generally working, but anything happens after the first wakeup of the second shutdown.

How can I debug this? Does anyone else have this problem?
  • New

Hi,
    Does anybody know why I can't see my drive which is attached to my Pi OMV server in any of the various dropdown boxes, in the shared folders for example ?

The thing is, It's showing that its mounted, but just does not show on any dropdowns, this obviously stops me from picking it to be the reciever/server/backup drive when doing a rsync for example.

However, my media "remote drive" is mounted and I can see and choose that in my dropdowns..

Any help (as I'm a beginner) would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks
    ps In the File System, the problomatic drive is showing as an ntfs drive

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Suggestion on the set up. RAID or?

mkpd

Cannot login via any method

flmaxey

No device in Shares dropdown

gett

Email notification without internet access -> SMTP server?

subzero79

Folder "Sharedfolder" occurs on root

subzero79

Recent Activities

• mkpd -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggestion on the set up. RAID or?.

ZanosG - Sorry to hear your experience with OMV was not smooth. I have been running OMV for about 3 years now without any issues. The PC's in our house are all windows and never had an issue with shares as long as they were setup correctly with the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Cannot login via any method.

It seems like something unhealthy may have happened to the boot partition. Now that you have the utilities for saving an image, to bail you out if OMV4 doesn't work out for you, I'd still consider rebuilding. After getting another USB drive, I'd…
  • ZanosG -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Suggestion on the set up. RAID or?.

Well, I dont really need an answer anymore. OMV stopped working for me completely. I even reinstalled it 5-6 times. I was able to set everything up but I was unable to see my shares from windows machines. I spent 2 days on trying to fix this new issue…
  • dbell -

Replied to the thread Cannot login via any method.

I'm absolutely flummoxed. I was pretty sure that I'd narrowed down the login issue when I found that DEFAULT_HOME in in /etc/login.deps had to be "yes", I booted into recovery mode, went digging and found that it looked fine. So I let recovery mode…
  • gett -

Replied to the thread No device in Shares dropdown.

Quote from subzero79: “Lately there has been a lot of issue reported with ntfs drives in the forum. Honestly I haven’t done any research to test this, my advice for now is try to unmount and mount again via the webui for the second partition which…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Email notification without internet access -> SMTP server?.

Why don’t allow the nas hace access to the remote mail server only? Notifications already work in Omv by using postfix as MTA. Or are you just talking about fetching the mail notification from the local lan only?
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) Folder "Sharedfolder" occurs on root.

Quote from georgvon: “Dear Users,Admins,etc... again the question: Is on root (/) a link to the omv4 mountpoint of sharedfolders with the name "sharedfolders" ? thank you georg ” that is mount bind introduced in omv4. Alll sharedfolders have a…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread No device in Shares dropdown.

Lately there has been a lot of issue reported with ntfs drives in the forum. Honestly I haven’t done any research to test this, my advice for now is try to unmount and mount again via the webui for the second partition which seems to be the…
  • gett -

Posted the thread No device in Shares dropdown.

Thread
    Hi, Please tell me if I missed subforum I installed OMV oh Raspberry Pi 2, it recognize MY Book USB external 2TB drive, mount file systems (one small partition - 500MB, and one big partition, the rest of storage), but in Shared foldersmenu in device…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) OMV iSCSI Client and LVM?.

Iscsitarget works with omv3 using kernel 3.16. You install backports and doesn’t work anymore.