openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

I cant get to web gui

Sharing folders/files over internet

tkaiser

Plex Docker Container is routed through OpenVPN from Transmission-OpenVPN Container

aykaydub

Help with Easy Backup solution

flmaxey

Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4

ArmandH

Recent Activities

• Share Buddy -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x I cant get to web gui.

Thread
    Hi I have omv on a sbc runing plex plugin, Wenever I put in ip I get too long to load page. all my divices(Roku/plex, windows 7) can see the nas/shear folders exsept for windows 10 now. I have had omv runing for over a mounth. Do I have to reinstal…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Quote from Frepke: “Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? ” I would allow access through VPN and use exactly the same filesharing daemon you already use. If it's Samba then use Samba for remote…
  • aykaydub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Docker Container is routed through OpenVPN from Transmission-OpenVPN Container.

Thanks for this, its a problem I have been struggling with for a while. The problem now is I can't open the webui now. I have tried following the LOCAL_NETWORK instructions on the docker guide to the best of my abilities, but still can't get it to work.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I am done here. No new plugin will be written and the rsnapshot won't be changed. So, everything should not explode. ” Yeah, I'm worn out too. I'll continue with the Rsync workaround, and come up with a better process, in…
  • ArmandH -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4.

the files or database you have on a RAID or ZFS has nothing to do with the OMV install, you can reinstall and mount again your data disks. If for example you have stored your config files from docker etc on the RAID you can install the image and point to…
  • TheLostSwede -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

The easiest way I can think of is to make a user account for him/her and then give him access via your VPN. Another potential option would be to use Emby, as that can be accessed via your external IP address, but it would require that you get the paid…
  • flmaxey -

Quote from henfri: “So, the CLI is the only problem about the restore? ” For beginners? Absolutely. While it might be hard to for you to imagine, we'll say you know nothing about backup strategy. But, you're told backup is a good idea and it's no…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from henfri: “a 'delayed mirror' a backup. ” A realtime mirror is and never will be a backup. It is redundancy. Quote from henfri: “But you stated that you see a limitation in rsnapshot not being able to push. I gave a suggestion how this…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Huges troubles after updating from omv3 to 4.

There is no way to "restore" the configuration of OMV by "importing" a copy for the config.xml file that came from another installation. The file only has value for reference purposes.
  • Frepke -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Thread
    Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick Maybe I didn't search