openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi!

Over time I've built my x86 homemade NAS with openmediavault 4, and I've reached a pretty good overall state with that!

I usually download and transfer a lot of files on that, especially over my several external Hard drives. I mounted my shares through SMB, and is everything working pretty well (copy and pasting files is fast and reliable)

And here is where it come my issues: when I plug in my USB memories peripherals, I have to mount them manually through the OMV webinterface, then I have to move the files manually through shell to the external hard disk (that obviously can't be put on a 'Shared folder' through the OMV interface).

This is pretty horrible, and is getting me very pissed every time I have to copy an serious amount of files in and out my NAS. Is basically my only flaws against a fantastic project I (or I shall say we?) made.

I've searched on the forum for advices, but I've only found an useful thread that talk about a 'usbmount package', but I can't find it on…
  • New

Hi Everybody,

yesterday I finally managed to get started with building my own OMV NAS on the HC1.

Everything works fine, except I can`t get VLAN interfaces up.
    Seems to be an issue with the nic name lenght, since "predictable network interface names" includes the whole mac-adreess in the nic name instead of shortening it.

The parent if itself gets up, but if you add a vlan sub-if syslog throws an name lenght related error.

Is there any possibility in OMV4 to change the nic name to something shorter to get this working again?
  • New

Hello

I used a 512g ssd for the OMV main drive and could really use that space in another project so I want to use a smaller ssd.

The backup options within OMV seem very complicated, can I not simply clone one drive to the other outside of OMV?

I bit in the back of my brain says GRUB with ruin it all but not sure?
  • New

Hi there,

I installed Bazarr (github.com/morpheus65535/bazarr/wiki/Installation---Docker) through Docker and it seems to run fine with one exception: Bazarr says for every TV Show that the path seems to be invalid (Don't have Radarr so can't say if movies would work). The path shown is correct and the same as in Sonarr. The logs didn't help since there is no mention of any problem concerning paths and directories.

When starting the Docker image I set the path to the directory where all my TV Shows are (see screen). Am I doing anything wrong?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?

ryecoaaron

How to make changes to cron file of openmediavault-rsnapshot persistent

Errors and Network loss every 3-5 days.

batesman

Automount USB memories (and show them up on SMB)

gderf

Odroid HC-1 VLAN Issue

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Remote Mount plugin OK but no Share Folder ?.

I have nfs setup between two systems and I can't duplicate this. Although both of my systems are running OMV 4.x. Have you considered upgrading the OMV 1.x system?
  • macom -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x How to make changes to cron file of openmediavault-rsnapshot persistent.

Thread
    Is there a way to make the changes persistent? I would like to run a weekly rsnapshot job on Sunday, 6pm. So I adjusted the cron file. But changes are not persistent.
  • sam_scade -

same issue from srvbkup02 side in edit mount
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from sam_scade: “"nfsvers=3" refused in option box, does some thing wrong in my config ? ” You are trying to add it to the nfs share option box. It should be added to the remotemount plugin option box.
  • sam_scade -

Hello Ryecoaaron "nfsvers=3" refused in option box, does some thing wrong in my config ? (this remotemount is in older version of omv and linux ...)
  • flvinny521 -

Liked WastlJ’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Changing OS disk.

Like (Post)
    Data disks will not get harmed if you change the OS drive. (Please unplug them while installing on your new OS drive!) IMHO it is not worth making a backup from the OS drive and fiddling it onto a new drive. I´m always installing OMV freshly onto the…
  • batesman -

Replied to the thread Errors and Network loss every 3-5 days..

Hi, I've the same error and can't find the reason why. System hangs after 3-5 days and no hint (at least I can't find them) in the logs. Hardware is also a Ryzen (1700) with 16GB RAM and so on. I also installed and use Docker. MY server was previously…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount USB memories (and show them up on SMB).

The usbmount package was very useful to me and I recommended it highly back in the days of OMV 2.x and 3.x. However, with the arrival of OMV 4.x which is based on Debian Stretch, usbmount was rendered broken. Some Stretch users have posted workarounds…