openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hallo, ich bin langsam am verzweifeln.

Ich lasse zwei Instanzen von OMV in der Version 4 laufen.
    Darunter ist jeweils das aktuelle VirtualBox-Plugin installiert.

Zum erstellen und verwalten der VM's bietet VirtualBox ja einen Remote Server.
    Damit kann man sich mittels RDP (Windows) ganz einfach aufschalten.

Auf meinem Testserver Bild 3+4 kann ich auch die IP-Adresse ändern.

Auf meiner Produktiv-Maschine fehlt mir leider die Möglichkeit (Bild 1+2).

Ich habe schon lange gesucht aber leider nichts gefunden.
    Was mache ich falsch?

Gruß, paddl
  • New

Hi guys
    I can not access OMV from the webgui, the ports do not seem to work
    I tried with OMV-FIRSTAID "configure network interface" and "configure web control panel" in both cases I receive this error:

Source Code

1. ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'nginx' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for nginx.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    I solved :D, I tried again "configure web control panel" by inserting a port other than 443 https and now it works, first I tried with:

Source Code

1. omv-mkconf nginx
    2. service nginx start
    I do not know if it was this that solved or changed the port https
  • New

Hi,

I'm trying out the OMV system for the first time. After a few tweaks to the setting the "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect." message pops up.
    Now I tried about everything and it just won't go away.

I tried
    • Starting fresh
    • Editing the config.xml
    Every time I press the Apply button the following popup appears

But nothing happens. same goes for pressing revert and with a load of other commands in the system. I'm having the same problem with creating a filestorage and deleting system logs.
    The logs show no errors and I'm clueless what to do now.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Volumes/Permissions help needed.

Error With MySQL plugin

FFrank

Docker prune now working to reclame space?

geaves

Applying configuration does not do anything

cabrio_leo

hdd shows in disks but not in file systems

cabrio_leo

Recent Activities

• nitpwn -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Volumes/Permissions help needed..

Thread
    Hi, I have a problem setting up my Duplicati container, I've a sharedfolder that permissions are assigned to the group "office" (so the owner is root, the group is "office" and others has no access). In Duplicati I can't access the sahredfolder because…
  • FFrank -

Replied to the thread Error With MySQL plugin.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “ I really would use docker though - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced ” Hi, I searched for a instruction video in your link - no luck...could you point me in the right direction. I want to…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Docker prune now working to reclame space?.

Quote from Fade2Gray: “After issuing the command: ' docker system df ” What's the output of the above?
  • Quote from sirleon: “do you have experienced any troubles with customs or had to pay taxes ” Nope since I've no Helios4 (Gauthier asked whether I want a dev sample last year but since I've too much on my desk already I refused).Wrt ECC RAM it's…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Applying configuration does not do anything.

Quote from godsixx: “Editing the config.xml ” Don´t do this. This is the configuration database of OMV. Normally there is no reason for manual changes here. Try to restore the original version without your changes. Cleaning the browser cache does…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x hdd shows in disks but not in file systems.

Quote from brijenjas: “0x747024ff000 zfs_member [filesystem] Does this indicate that there are still some zfs files on my disk? ” With this signature OMV detects that this a member of a ZFS vdev. Therefore it is not shown under file…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x hdd shows in disks but not in file systems.

Quote from brijenjas: “Does this indicate that there are still some zfs files on my disk? ” No it indicates there is a residual zfs signature on the disk, quick wipe removes the one at the beginning but not the one at the end, that is why @macom
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Extending storage. Raid 1 to raid 5.

Quote from dertourist48: “Can I just add a hdd and convert the raid 1 to a raid 5 automatically ? ” The short answer is no, the simplest way to do this is to backup your data and start again using the GUI, but to do that you'll have to remove any SMB…
  • paddl82 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Oracle VirtualBox - Remote Display - Settings fehlen.

Thread
    Hallo, ich bin langsam am verzweifeln. Ich lasse zwei Instanzen von OMV in der Version 4 laufen. Darunter ist jeweils das aktuelle VirtualBox-Plugin installiert. Zum erstellen und verwalten der VM's bietet VirtualBox ja einen Remote Server. Damit…
  • SidAny -

Replied to the thread Gotta Start Somewhere! Planning stage... motherboard battle!.

OK! Another update! Hope you guys don't mind if I share the journey. [EDIT; to reflect Option A vs B] OPT-A > keeping it a pure NAS server box and small form factor, hotswap bays is nice, expand mobo with a PCI slot later as needed but prefer fewer,…