openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Problem partition

Duplicati

macom

Raid Mirror

macom

New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed

tkaiser

Automount with BTRFS failed

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

Quote from Currymunster: “3 - I think you are saying that duplicati can copy the archive drive(#3)?? ” Duplicati can be configured to keep old backups. So you can just backup the drive(#1) and Duplicati will keep the history for you.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Do yourself a favor and get an itx mobo with an i3 or i5 or a Pentium G series which is probably the best value chip for an OMV box ” What the hell are you doing with OMV? Number crunching 24/7 or do you use OMV as NAS? In…
  • jollyrogr -

Don't sell yourself short on CPU power. Supermicro does make a motherboard that has what you're looking for: supermicro.com/products/motherboard/X11/X11SAA.cfm But it's not cheap and the cpu is weak. Do yourself a favor and get an itx mobo with an i3…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

Quote from Currymunster: “It was called a RAID Mirror using three 500gb HDDs ” So, it is a three way mirror (double redundancy). You could fail one of them and wipe/format it. Then you could sync from the array but if it is only 8GB, I wouldn't go…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Automount with BTRFS failed.

Quote from Primaerplan: “active (auto-read-only) ” Here is the problem. It probably isn't assembled at time of mounting since it isn't functioning correctly.
  • mgoettin -

Replied to the thread Getting some Error Mails after Reboot!.

Same issue here, but not new to me. I receive this emails since weeks. Especially annoying, when you're using autoshutdown.
  • Dancstone -

Get a Dell Optiplex 7010 full tower, has i5 supports 64GB ram dual channel, and GB Ethernet full size supports up to 4 or 6 sata 3 drives and uses Intel matrix storage controller, supports raid and uefi, I have a 7010 small form factor with 4GB ram DIMM…
  • Dancstone -

Wrote a comment on Dancstone’s wall.

Wall Comment
    My Dell PC serves as my OMV 3x server
  • Dancstone -

Wrote a comment on Dancstone’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Have HP Priliant Server DL360 G7, DL380 G5/7. Dell Optiplex 745, HP Compaq, Apple XServe G5, and HP MSA 50