openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

I upgraded my RPI 2 B+ from OMV2 to OMV4 by doing a clean install.

All seemed well at first, i.e. could access shares as I wanted, etc., but now it is crashing periodically and I don't know the cause :( (BTW It did not crash with OMV2 loaded - exactly the same hardware configuration)

Once it has crashed, only a power off/on will bring it back - I can't access it through the GUI or TTY into it.

After rebooting the OMV log is cleared, so I can't see any error messages that I can address ?(

Config is:
    • RPI 2B+
    • 2 x external self powered USB hard drives
    • USB Gigabit ethernet adapter
    • OMV 4.1.19-1
    • Linux 4.14.98-v7+

I'm only moderately technical and have very limited Linux knowledge. Can someone help me locate the fault please? Suggestions on where to look for faults....logs to view....tests....?

Thanks in anticipation :thumbsup:
  • New

Hi there, I’m new to the world of OMV and trying to set up a SFTP acc for a friend of mine.
    Being on my lan the service (port 222) works as intended, but connecting from outside my lan is getting me errors.
    Obviously I’m looking into my routers port forwarding rules and has fixed port 222 -> to port 222 on the ip running the server.

But I have no luck in getting connected, do you have some tip where to continue my search for errors? ?(
  • New

Hello All,
    I just achieved the installation of Nextcloud on my OMV, thanks to the 2 great videos (Installation and external access) of Techno Dad Life.
    a thousand times thank you @TechnoDadLife :thumbsup:

Next step, I need to import a lot of Data (more than 100GB) into Nextcloud.
    These data are stored into an USB external Disk drive which is plugged in the OMV server
    The disk is actually mounted, and I created shared folders that are perfectly accessible via SMB protcole from a Windows laptop

According to you all, what is the best way to import data into Nextcloud without going through the laptop ?
    and how ?

i guess the use of rsync is recommended, but I don't know how to implement it with Nextcloud (indexing files etc...)

Thanks a lot for your help

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 4 + RPI 2 = Crash

I need to run program with GUI 24/7 - what to use (VirtualBox maybe)?

Extending storage. Raid 1 to raid 5

geaves

Docker prune now working to reclame space?

geaves

2 NIC

votdev

Recent Activities

• edwintheelf -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 + RPI 2 = Crash.

Thread
    Hi, I upgraded my RPI 2 B+ from OMV2 to OMV4 by doing a clean install. All seemed well at first, i.e. could access shares as I wanted, etc., but now it is crashing periodically and I don't know the cause :( (BTW It did not crash with OMV2 loaded -…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Extending storage. Raid 1 to raid 5.

Quote from dertourist48: “Most of my data consist of media files (music, movies and photos) and I will primarily use the NAS for my Home Cinema. So right now, I do not need the NAS to run 24/7. ” Then SnapRaid would probably be the best choice, there…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Docker prune now working to reclame space?.

Quote from Fade2Gray: “however it did not work ” Hm! thought that would help, I found this with a different option regrading the reclaimable space. For me I tried docker system prune -a nothing happened, but docker volume prune -a worked.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread 2 NIC.

The System|Network|Interfaces tab only displays configured devices AND ONLY the configured infos. The network interface dashboard widget will display all interfaces with their current IP/MAC/... instead.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Quote from fergbrain: “Updating python to the Debian's testing branch seems to resolve the issue ” The 'issue' is a harmless warning not justifying to break Debian's package management! For anyone else reading this: please simply do this…
  • fergbrain -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Updating python to the Debian's testing branch seems to resolve the issue: Add 'testing' to sources.list: # sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing main Make the 'stable' repository default on your…
  • dertourist48 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Extending storage. Raid 1 to raid 5.

Most of my data consist of media files (music, movies and photos) and I will primarily use the NAS for my Home Cinema. So right now, I do not need the NAS to run 24/7.
  • paddl82 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Oracle VirtualBox - Remote Display - Settings fehlen.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can´t connect to WEB GUI.

This is definitely not the OMV login prompt. Are you sure you’re using the correct host and port?