openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi.

I seem to have come across this problem, where I go to create a file system for one of my 3TB drives, however it goes through the whole process, I can see the window showing me the process it's going through and in the background, I can see that the disk is 'Initialising'. However once the process of formatting and creating the file system stops, the disk just simply disappears from the list as if it was never there to start with.

Is there anything you can think of that I'm doing wrong at all? I have made sure to wipe the drive first each time.
  • New

I'm using an old ThinkPad X200 with a Intel 82567LM Gigabit Ethernet port, plugged into my router. speedtest.py gives anywhere from 90MB/s to 150MB/s, the device I'm copying from has similar speeds. Ran dd to check speed by making a 1GB /dev/zero file, did so in 11.4s.

SMB is only giving me 5MB/s at the max, with lower speeds common. I checked the threads saying how to increase speeds. Why is this and is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: Router issue, fixed.
  • New

Hallo

Ich kann nach dem Upgrade nicht mehr auf Freigaben zugreifen.

Wie ich auf der WebUI sehen konnte fehlt unter Datenspeicher/Dateisysteme meine "Medienplatte"
    unter Datenspeicher/RAID-Verwaltung ist sie aber noch vorhanden.

Ich häng mal zwei Bildchen an um zu verdeutlichen was ich meine.

Kann ich da einfach auf Erstellen klicken oder sind meine Daten dann alle weg? Wien komme ich denn ansonsten (fals erstellen nciht der richtige Weg ist) wieder dazu das die Medienplatte auch bei Dateisysteme wieder angezeigt wird?
  • New

After I installed Omv 3 on emmc I run: omv-release upgrade

After successful installation, I get the following error messages when I run apt-get update:

W: The repository 'file:/var/cache/openmediavault/archives Release' does not have a Release file.
    N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1
    W: Target Translations…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

File System not initialising

Mr_A_Warner

How to upgrade Sonarr from Docker?

raulfg3

BUG - Trying to mount 2 USB Volumes rResults in Retrying 1 Mount

votdev

tls.conf

votdev

Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x

Wolf2000

Recent Activities

• Mr_A_Warner -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System not initialising.

Quote from votdev: “I think i can remember such situation where it helps to secure wipe the disk. There are still some fragments on the device when using the quick option. Maybe this helps. ” Will try that and see how it goes
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x File System not initialising.

I think i can remember such situation where it helps to secure wipe the disk. There are still some fragments on the device when using the quick option. Maybe this helps.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to upgrade Sonarr from Docker?.

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x BUG - Trying to mount 2 USB Volumes rResults in Retrying 1 Mount.

What type of filesystem is it? Ext4, NTFS, ...?
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved tls.conf.

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

I would read everything then you understand it Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
  • Moreno -

Replied to the thread Upgrade Debian 9 and 4.x.

Hello, After the distrib upgrade (omv 3 --> omv4) i have this error (cf screenshot) i have try the solution of @Wolf2000 but no changes, i have an another message error ... can you help me? Thanks EDIT : I don't understand the text of message of…
  • BFLK -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrading Hard Disks.

Hello, Please describe your setup (number of drives / capacity / raid configuration) now, and the one that you are aiming after the upgrade. In this moment, the information that you provided in insufficient and I can't answer your question accurately.
  • Mr_A_Warner -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x File System not initialising.

Thread
    Hi. I seem to have come across this problem, where I go to create a file system for one of my 3TB drives, however it goes through the whole process, I can see the window showing me the process it's going through and in the background, I can see that the…
  • gammarayburst -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to upgrade Sonarr from Docker?.

Quote from raulfg3: “I use watchtower docker to update automatically my others dockers: hub.docker.com/r/v2tec/watchtower/ ” How do you get watchtower to cleanup the stale images though? I know there is a --cleanup option, but when I put that in the…