openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

About 3 years ago i migrated from FreeNAS to OMV 2.0 and as part of that migration shifted my data from ZFS to EXT4 via a long and arduous format and copy pattern with N+1 drives setup.

Fast forward to last week where we had a power outage and the USB stick running my N54L decided to call it quits and didn't come back on restart. No matter, i had a backup.

But i decided to take the opportunity to migrate to OMV 4, and downloaded 4.1.11 ISO earlier tonight and installed it on a new USB stick. After having to do the /dev/sda and sdb grub shuffle I am successfully in the GUI.

However, while the GUI sees all 4 drives in the NAS, and happily mounts one of the partitions (the newest), the other 3 are nowhere to be seen.

fdisk -l reports the existence of Linux file systems on sdb1, sdc1, and sdd1; none of which show up in OMV.

Manually mounting them in the console gives the error 'more filesystems detected', but they happily mount fine with -t ext4.

Using blkid can see that the file…
  • New

Hi All,

In regards to quotas, I have seen @ryecoaaron write in this forum recently:

"I agree they should be disabled by default (or have a place to disable them). The arm images I create have the quota service disabled by default."

What's the best and cleanest way to completely disable the quota service?

I've searched the forum but failed to turn up the definitive answer.

And before I disable quota's completely... Is there any benefit to leaving them on? I'm the only user accessing the OMV NAS, and I can't think of a reason to use quotas. Course one thing I love about OMV and the OMV developer community is how you don't let users do stupid things easily. So I'm curious if there's a benefit to enabling the quota service that I haven't groked.

Cheers,
    Steve
  • New

After lurking on both this forum, and Armbian forum, I'm buying parts to make my first OpenMediaVault NAS, using an ARM SBC (I've settled on the NanoPi Neo 2, with NAS kit, and aluminum case).

I'm trying to shop for a couple of SATA 3.5" HD enclosures, which are UASP-compatible (NanoPi Neo 2 has USB 2.0 support, with UASP). As I try to find which chipsets in the enclosures are best supported, it's easy to find Jmicron JMS578. But I feel leery about flashing the firmware myself. I would prefer to not have to flash any firmware. (Note: I couldn't find the instructions to do so when I searched the Armbian forum).

I've heard some mention of Jmicron JMS567 and Jmicron JMS580. It seems the Jmicron JMS567 can only support up to 4TB, and I want to use a 6TB SATA drive. :(

OK, how about the Jmicron JMS580 then? That sounds the most promising to me at present. Does anyone know of an enclosure for sale anywhere which includes it? Hook a brother up! :D

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

S.M.A.R.T. email notifications doesn't work

alewaste

Unable to install docker-gui

Move admin system support to USB -> DD

Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?

ryecoaaron

Docker GUI plugin now stable

Trash_Can_Man

Recent Activities

• alewaste -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x S.M.A.R.T. email notifications doesn't work.

I resolved my problem... I didn't understand how it works until I read smartd documentation. To get email, I have to set the warning temperature, because the informal send only a log message... and reset the warning message when temperature is below the…
  • Guitoumaster -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Thread
    After several weeks, I finally managed to configure my OMV. I used a USB Memory key but I would now like to move OMV administration on a SSD. Is it possible ? it's very long to set everything right and I'm missing some data ?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?.

wipefs is pretty good when specifying an exact signature to remove but you should have backups :)
  • Trash_Can_Man -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

Quote from subzero79: “Portainer needs only two binds mounts, one for accessing the Unix socket and another one for making the settings persistent( the admin password). A guide should be enough, we shouldn’t need a plugin for making run a container,…
  • takai -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “This seems to be a common problem (although I can't reproduce it) when using a previously zfs formatted drive (and not properly wiped before re-formatting with something other than zfs) and moving to OMV 4.x. Take a look at…
  • ryecoaaron -

This seems to be a common problem (although I can't reproduce it) when using a previously zfs formatted drive (and not properly wiped before re-formatting with something other than zfs) and moving to OMV 4.x. Take a look at this thread on how to fix -
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

Quote from Adoby: “I'll try some of this ” If you want to go the Nagios route OMD could also be worth a look. In the past there was only an older 1.30 available for ARM but now also a somewhat officially 2.40 is existent.
  • takai -

Posted the thread Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?.

Thread
    About 3 years ago i migrated from FreeNAS to OMV 2.0 and as part of that migration shifted my data from ZFS to EXT4 via a long and arduous format and copy pattern with N+1 drives setup. Fast forward to last week where we had a power outage and the USB…
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Monitor several OMV servers.

If you need any additional help don't hestitate to ask.
  • .H. -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.

hi, you tell me to reinstall OMV ( Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch) ) or all the debian OS ? you can see dpkg options at the end of installation ( this isn't that you talk ? ) how can i add the line with : Source Code (1 line)at the end of…