openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo Leute,

ich hab mein root/admin Passwort vergessen für die ssh-Shell.

Konnte mir über das Webinterface einen ssh benutzer anlegen, der der gruppe Root gehört.

Kann mir jmd jetzt verraten wie ich das ssh-Passwort des Admin accounts zurücksetzen kann ohne das ich mir die installation zerschieße?

================================================================================
    = openmediavault information
    ================================================================================
    Release: 3.0.96
    Codename: Erasmus

Vielen Dank
  • New

Hi,

After upgrade my two OMV NAS units from 3.X to 4.X, I am getting regular emails from both with errors below. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Source Code

1. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    2. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
  • New

Evening :)

I'm new to the forum, first post :D

I would to make a home nas with openmediavault, so i can have a minipc always downloading and seeding 24/7.

My first thought was to buy a Raspberry and a WD Red with some docking station or case so to power it separately.

Then i read this forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=154980#post154980

So i don't know what to do anymore :P

What you think is the best choice for me? I was looking for the ODROID-HC2

I like it.

My "problem" is i can't buy drive and minipc in one time.

So i wanted to buy the wd red and its docking station or case and then, next month probably, buy the minipc.

If the ODROID-HC2 is a good solution, the docking station or case i buy is useless :/

(Doubt: My wd Red drive would powered fine in the ORDOID-HC2?)

Or maybe the EspressoBin is a good solution.

Thank you very much for your help! :)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

SSH root Passwort vergessen

chakky

How to enable Flash Memory plugin?

RobertR728

Dual Nic and one switch

donh

Firefox verhindert Zugriff auf OMV Webinterface

cleimarcia

Build a minipc nas, but which?

steakhutzeee

Recent Activities

• chakky -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH root Passwort vergessen.

Hallo, vielen Dank für die schnelle Hilfe. Quote: “ sudo passwd root ” hat mir geholfen. Da der angelegte benutzer nicht der Gruppe sudoer angehört, musste ich über das Webinterface den benutzer dort noch hinzufügen. Nach einen erneuten Login…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Resolved How to enable Flash Memory plugin?.

Like (Post)
    The presence of folder2ram entries in your mounts indicate that the Flash Memory plugin is enabled.
  • RobertR728 -

Liked ajaja’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    I too would like to know what I can do with my additional Nic. I am sure there is an advantage with Docker. I do run Haugene/Transmission-OpenVPN. So what can be done with a second(third) Nic?
  • RobertR728 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Dual Nic and one switch.

Like (Post)
    There are a few modes for using multiple. The main reason would be redundancy. If you have a smart or managed switch you can also use lacp. You can combine 2 or more nics to act as one connection. This can make it seem you have a 2GB or more connection.…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked donh’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Like (Post)
    Did you read the logs to see what it is writing about? A few details like hardware type etc might get better guesses. One other quick tip df -h shows the size of your partitions. apt-get clean all cleans your apt cache which can store a lot of archives…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Full root drive help.

Like (Post)
    Which log file is causing the problem? And, as donh wrote, are there some messages quite often?
  • RobertR728 -

Liked RobertR728’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Good lord that is a huge hard disc. Just imagine the day for the world of computers that those type drives are common place. Or we are swapping them out like floppy discs of the days past. Exciting and scarry at the same time. On a positive note for me…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives? :D100TB drive. Here you go! :) Since they're not disclosing the price yet, I hope you have a few extra Euro's...
  • RobertR728 -

Liked RobertR728’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    lol I noticed spell correct was changing it to 88tb I thought I caught them all . lol Okay I have to edit this because I can't find the time it takes to add a drive to the array. I shutdown and installed one new 8tb drive. Booted up logged in thru root…
  • RobertR728 -

Liked cabrio_leo’s post in the thread Raid 5 growing.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RobertR728: “2 More 88tb drives ” Where can I buy such big drives? :D