openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?

joq3

Pinned Backup a live system

molnart

Help me learn!

Fliggle_Slaps

SMB Share:access denied when using hostname, ip is working

Bambuleee

Raid 5 lost after failure of power supply

Sc0rp

Recent Activities

• joq3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?.

Quote from molnart: “what hardware are you using? mergerFS is having higher HW requirements resulting on lower R/W speeds on slower machines. on an old HP N40L i am getting around 50-60 MB/s with MergerFS, while accessing the data directly gives me…
  • Fliggle_Slaps -

Liked Ammiraglio’s post in the thread Help me learn!.

Like (Post)
    Have you looked into SnapRAID instead of creating an actual RAID6? You could use 2 of your 8 HDD as parity drives and keep the other 6 pooled with mergerfs. I think it's the best solution for a media server.
  • molnart -

Replied to the thread Backup a live system.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “that isn't what the majority of OMV installs are using (since the ISO uses ext4) ” well btrfs for system partition could be a route to go down for future releases, at least as an option (i do not like how the current installer…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Backup a live system.

Quote from molnart: “did anybody try migrating the omv root filesystem to btrfs and do backups using snapshots? i think this would a much more elegant solution ” @subzero79 uses btrfs snapshots (or did at one time). And of course it is more elegant but…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?.

Quote from joq3: “Why is there such a huge difference? ” aufs is a kernel module and mergerfs is a fuse module. fuse has quite a bit more overhead. Quote from joq3: “Is there any way to switch to AUFS again with 3.0? ” Nope. aufs isn't…
  • molnart -

what hardware are you using? mergerFS is having higher HW requirements resulting on lower R/W speeds on slower machines. on an old HP N40L i am getting around 50-60 MB/s with MergerFS, while accessing the data directly gives me 80-90 MB/s. here it was…
  • joq3 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?.

Thread
    Hi, Just switched from 2.0 to 3.0, and my old Pooling (aufs) plugin is no longer. So I have found out that Union Filesystems is the recommended one. I tried it out and I only get 10 MB/s read and write speeds. With my previous setup I got over 50MB/s,…
  • Fliggle_Slaps -

Replied to the thread Help me learn!.

Quote from tkaiser: “LTO5 means 1.5TB per tape real storage capacity ” I was going to look into that before making any decisions. It was clear the fact there were 2 numbers meant each applied to specific scenarios. In that case the TL4000 would not…
  • Bambuleee -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB Share:access denied when using hostname, ip is working.

Solved. There were multiple connections, because i mapped the guestshare with a group policy as netwokdrive.
  • Bambuleee -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SMB Share:access denied when using hostname, ip is working.

Thread
    Client: Windows 10, domainmember. domainname: dom OMV System: Hostname: omv01, ip 172.16.10.15, domain: dom I can see all my smb shares, when i type in \\omv01 I can access all smb shares where guest access is configured via \\omv01\guestshare I have a…