openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello.

I have a question for installing VA-API.

I installed OpenMediaVault on my PC.
    Spec is
    -CPU : Celeron G3930
    -RAM : DDR4 4GBx1
    -HDD : Seagate 2TB
    -M/B : MSI H110M eco

I'm using the server as NAS, and also installed EPGStation(Japanese DVR server software).
    Even though the CPU is Celeron, I can encode 30 mins of mpeg2-ts to h264 for 12mins.

Now I get interested in QSV(VA-API) for faster encode/lower CPU usage.

Is there any hints for installing QSV/VA-API for OMV?

Thank you
  • New

Hi all,i have made a new server with 8x4 tb disk and a ssd to put the system on,i want to make it at first a media server and maybe later on more to do with it.
    Is it possible to make on system disk and the other 32 tb for a data disk/volume/?
    And how do i run things like sabnzbd radarr plex couchpotato headphones etc on it?
    Sorry if i put this in the wrong section
  • New

I have soft RAID 1 created out of 2 WD 4TB hard drives for all my data, and I always taught that if one of them failed, everything will continue to work without any interruptions.
    And today I decided to test that and realized that nothing is working as I taught!
    I shut down my machine, took out the cables out of one of my disks and started the machine... and raid disappeared!, and because raid disappeared, all folders that are referencing locations on raid disk are now dead.
    So I shut down the machine, put back the cables for the disk that was missing earlier and voila, raid is back again. But I'm not sure that this is normal. Can someone confirm that that is not normal behavior? Raid should be there no matter if one disk is missing or not?
    Below on the left is the output from OMV with both disks present and on the right is output from OMV with one disk missing.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Deutscher Bereich

tkaiser

Soft RAID disappears after one disk is removed

TrickyTrix

Example of OMV's firewall

Cranberg

Helios4 -- community developed ARM 4 bay NAS device received important upgrade

cj061

Issues with WD 8TB Red HD

votdev

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Quote from Cranberg: “Die ganz grundsätzliche Frage, die dahinter steht ist die, muss sich der Nutzer von Technik, hier Software, an die Technik anpassen oder die Technik an den Nutzer! ” Wow, nach dem bizarren 'tut sich der Author seiner Ursprung…
  • TrickyTrix -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Soft RAID disappears after one disk is removed.

I read the thread you linked and it was indeed an interesting read. I'll try commands below as soon as I get home to see if raid is going to be in working order again, but now with only one drive. mdadm --stop /dev/md0 mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0…
  • Cranberg -

Replied to the thread Example of OMV's firewall.

My objective is a system with an extremely low power consumption (energy saving), so I did not install a full-fledged Debian. As OS I use Debian NetInst 9.7.0 and installed OMV after. I guess without installing a full Debian it is not possible to…
  • tkaiser -

Liked dkxls’s post in the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Like (Post)
    Slightly off-topic: Ich finde es schon durchaus interessant zu sehen, dass gerade wenn es um Datensicherung/ Datenspeicherung geht Deutsche sehr aktive sind. OpenMediaVault ist eines der Beispiele, aber auch die meiner Meinung nach zwei besten…
  • Cranberg -

Replied to the thread Deutscher Bereich.

Kein Zweifel, Englisch ist die in der Informatik am meisten verbreitete Sprache. Für mich ist dieses Forum nicht "International" sondern "Englischsprachig" dominiert. Darum geht es jedoch gar nicht. Denken Sie einfach einmal einen Schritt weiter und…
  • Hi Bought this in the first batch but have only just gotten around to setting it up...be dealing with some personal issues / sickness for the past few months... I'm happy to report that I have now got the NAS up and running using OpenMediaVail, and…
  • cj061 -

Replied to the thread Helios4 -- community developed ARM 4 bay NAS device received important upgrade.

Hi Bought this in the first batch but have only just gotten around to setting it up...be dealing with some personal issues / sickness for the past few months... I'm happy to report that I have now got the NAS up and running using OpenMediaVail, and…
  • tkaiser -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Issues with WD 8TB Red HD.

Like (Post)
    Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from votdev: “i've enhanced the quick wiping using dd. See github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/328 ” I hope 1MiB is enough (ran into some strange issues years ago with a RAID controller changing drive geometry -- I…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Issues with WD 8TB Red HD.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from votdev: “i've enhanced the quick wiping using dd. See github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/328 ” I hope 1MiB is enough (ran into some strange issues years ago with a RAID controller changing drive geometry -- I…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Issues with WD 8TB Red HD.

Quote from votdev: “i've enhanced the quick wiping using dd. See github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/328 ” I hope 1MiB is enough (ran into some strange issues years ago with a RAID controller changing drive geometry -- I guess this is also…