openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi Guys,
    apt-get update throws me an error every time.

But i think it's working nevertheless.

Any help appreciated

Source Code

1. Traceback (most recent call last):
    2. File "/usr/sbin/omv-mkaptidx", line 148, in <module>
    3. pkg.candidate.raw_description),
    4. File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt/package.py", line 357, in raw_description
    5. return self._records.long_desc
    6. UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe0 in position 67: invalid continuation byte
  • New

I've just done a fresh install of OMV onto a USB flash drive for a mini ITX system with 2 drives. Install went fine and everything was up and running. After creating the RAID I set up my shared folders but samba was not working and the share was not appearing in smbtree. I checked through my config line for line with another I found online and couldn't find anything that'd cause it not to work. I finally, after many hours, decided to look at the processes running and noticed smbd was not there. I ran nmdb and smbd and then it finally worked and the Windows machine could access the shares. I've used crontab to run the program(s) at start up.

The OMV web GUI of course says that SMB/GIFS is running in the services tab when it isn't. I don't know if something messed up on the install but I haven't messed with any other config files and have only installed firmware for the LAN adapter.

EDIT: Just saw another thread about the same issue: SAMBA not starting automatically, ok if started
  • New

I was planning to reinstall system because of errors... But then I spotted that system partition is full. My log folder grown big like 6.6GB which filled up empty space on root partition.
    For example syslog file - 2.2GB - I'm opening it right now to find out what is wrong. Or is there better solution to deal with overfilling log folder? Or remove one of big log file and have a look then?...

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other

darkarn

OMV Clear cache DNS

ryecoaaron

apt-get update problem

ryecoaaron

Map a distant drive to Windows

No HDMI output on OMV 3.0.87 image for Banana PI

dudeofx

Recent Activities

• darkarn -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Directly Connected OMV Hosts Unable to Ping Each Other.

Quote from Sc0rp: “Re, Quote from darkarn: “I ping using ip addresses as if I ping using hostnames, the Gigabit NIC of the machines will get the ping instead of the 10 Gbe NICs ” Yeah, that's correct. DNS is working :D Did you tried the brigde-solution?…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x OMV Clear cache DNS.

You set the dns server to the OMV box's ip address. It should be your router's ip address. You can cut & paste from putty as well. Much easier to read than screenshots.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x apt-get update problem.

What kind of system? Is OMV installed on a usb stick?
  • kyou -

Replied to a comment by kyou on mrowcp’s wall.

Wall Reply
    Oh nice! I have 300+ users. Hmm i really don't know.. xD
  • caseyj -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x OMV Clear cache DNS.

I have this : 7403-001-png and 7402-002-png As see I have Virtualbox installed and with the host I can surf with browser all fine, thats why i dont get why OMV cannot even ping google.. Both Virtualbox host and OMV are in DHCP.
  • DeadServer -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Map a distant drive to Windows.

Thread
    Hey, I have a mostly simple question, but I have no Idea how to do it (nor any idea as the correct section to put it in) : - Is it possible to map a distant drive in windows and if yes (hope so) how ?
  • dudeofx -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x No HDMI output on OMV 3.0.87 image for Banana PI.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Which image did you use? ” The one that is headless is the latest one OMV_3_0_87_Bananapi_4.12.9.img.xz To test if the HDMI was still was working I used bananian image from LeMaker
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Are you running MySQL with any other web servers? You can repair the MySQL database with this guide: manage.accuwebhosting.com/know…Windows-Command-Line.html FYI: I haven't test the command.
  • dazzil -

Hm, after checking nginx configs and restarting nginx multiple times I just restarted mysql and now it works. Strange, but.. good?
  • dazzil -

Hi, first of all thanks for the nextcloud tutorial - it worked perfectly, at least until yesterday :) I had it running for a month now and yesterday I ran into timeouts while uploading data into the cloud. After a restart I got a "bad gateway" error,…