openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo Leute,

ich hab mein root/admin Passwort vergessen für die ssh-Shell.

Konnte mir über das Webinterface einen ssh benutzer anlegen, der der gruppe Root gehört.

Kann mir jmd jetzt verraten wie ich das ssh-Passwort des Admin accounts zurücksetzen kann ohne das ich mir die installation zerschieße?

================================================================================
    = openmediavault information
    ================================================================================
    Release: 3.0.96
    Codename: Erasmus

Vielen Dank
  • New

Hi,

After upgrade my two OMV NAS units from 3.X to 4.X, I am getting regular emails from both with errors below. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Source Code

1. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    2. PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20131226/pam.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
  • New

Evening :)

I'm new to the forum, first post :D

I would to make a home nas with openmediavault, so i can have a minipc always downloading and seeding 24/7.

My first thought was to buy a Raspberry and a WD Red with some docking station or case so to power it separately.

Then i read this forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=154980#post154980

So i don't know what to do anymore :P

What you think is the best choice for me? I was looking for the ODROID-HC2

I like it.

My "problem" is i can't buy drive and minipc in one time.

So i wanted to buy the wd red and its docking station or case and then, next month probably, buy the minipc.

If the ODROID-HC2 is a good solution, the docking station or case i buy is useless :/

(Doubt: My wd Red drive would powered fine in the ORDOID-HC2?)

Or maybe the EspressoBin is a good solution.

Thank you very much for your help! :)

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Video codec and subtitles

jericho

Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards

houndhunger

SSH root Passwort vergessen

chakky

How to enable Flash Memory plugin?

RobertR728

Dual Nic and one switch

donh

Recent Activities

• jericho -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Quote from Stramm: “Embry is worth a look, too. ” Quote from sbocquet: “Quote from jericho: “Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe…
  • jericho -

Liked sbocquet’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jericho: “Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace…
  • jericho -

Liked Stramm’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Video codec and subtitles.

Like (Post)
    Embry is worth a look, too.
  • jericho -

Like (Post)
    That should be enough for Serviio, as I was running it on my NAS hardware with Windows 2012 Server Essential without a problem. What is your intel dual core model? Maybe it's a network problem rather than a CPU power one. If you stream some mkv with 7.1…
  • jericho -

Like (Post)
    With minidlna, No. It's a "strict" ans simple DLNA server with no transcoding. It just streams files. Your renderer (the TV or other) should have the correct codecs to show the file. Same for the srt files, that not in the DLNA specs. DLNA is a crapy…
  • sbocquet -

Quote from jericho: “Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace…
  • houndhunger -

Replied to the thread Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards.

It was November 2017: Quote from tkaiser: “But it's almost 2018 now and USB2 only SBC aren't that great anymore anyway (look at ROCK64, ODROID-HC1 or EspressoBin for example to get the idea how performant inexpensive ARM NAS implementations can be…
  • Stramm -

• jericho -

Its an Intel core duo E8500 3.2Ghz. Most of the files are are 720p/1080p, mostly 2.0 audio channels but with high encoding for saving space. I believe the problem was oriented in the switch (I was using a 10/100) and I've replace it yesterday with a…
  • chakky -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSH root Passwort vergessen.

Hallo, vielen Dank für die schnelle Hilfe. Quote: “ sudo passwd root ” hat mir geholfen. Da der angelegte benutzer nicht der Gruppe sudoer angehört, musste ich über das Webinterface den benutzer dort noch hinzufügen. Nach einen erneuten Login…