openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hey all,

Okay so I am just wondering what way/method could I install SABnzbd via the Debian way (i.e. without OMV Extras) as I did a similar thing with Emby as I use the proper Deb package to install it to my NAS/Server but this looks a little more complex - could I simply follow the three steps listed on the SABnzbd webpage or would I have to do more such as install extras? I have attached a screenshot of what I mean. Basically I want to install SABnzbd without using OMV-Extras or Docker and from their website this seems the best route via Github?

• New

I got omv on my raspberry pi 3 (yes I know it will be slow but I want to try it). I boots properly but when it asks for raspberrypi login I enter admin then it asks for password, I enter openmediavault. It then gives me system information (ip, cpu temp, up time, etc). Under that it says:

No directory, logging in with HOME=/
    This account is currently not available.

It then goes back to the login so I can't install it or get to the command part to set it up.

If I try the wrong username and/or password it say login incorrect like it should.
  • New

Hello, today I have configured the FTP, I noticed that in the OMV GUI there is "system log", I wanted to know how it was possible to empty the history since the "clean" button is deactivated.
    I tried to open the proftpd.log file but it was empty.
    I wanted to know in addition to how to clear the history and also where to save that log file openmediavault?

Thanks!
  • New

Hi, is it possible to move an installation physically on emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2 and keep it running steadily instead of reinstalling? Because I have an Omv4 installation on my odroidxu4 that drives subsonic / nextcloud and would be tired of having to restart on Hc2 - So would i hear if I could move emmc from one device to another when the same hardware?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Install SABnzbd via Github (without OMV Extras)

gderf

Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4

goliath

Can't create device in filesystem. Disk disappears after the end of the formatting process

adamgreenberg

Rutorrent in docker

elastic

Plex plugin web page, OMV web GUI, and SSH all not responding, but unit responds to ping on local network?

seloco

Recent Activities

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install SABnzbd via Github (without OMV Extras).

The better way going forward is to use Dockers.
  • goliath -

Replied to the thread Unable to boot with 4 HD's in OMV4.

Quote from tkaiser: “OMV is not an operating system but just a rather huge addition to Debian. ” That was the key! With Debian 9 and all my drives connected, it worked. So I install then OMV and everything is working right now!! :D I think my problem…
  • Took about 24 hours for the hard drive to complete the secure wipe, but it now works. Thanks for the help
  • /Ky -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Install SABnzbd via Github (without OMV Extras).

Thread
    Hey all, Okay so I am just wondering what way/method could I install SABnzbd via the Debian way (i.e. without OMV Extras) as I did a similar thing with Emby as I use the proper Deb package to install it to my NAS/Server but this looks a little more…
  • mrperfektone -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Move emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “is it possible to move an installation physically on emmc from odroid xu4 to hc2 ” No since there's no eMMC slot on HC2.If you have the SD card adapter you can clone the eMMC to an SD card of course and use the SD card in…
  • seloco -

Wrote a comment on seloco’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Working on getting my OMV 4 to run flawlessly…
  • elastic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rutorrent in docker.

Quote from flvinny521: “Quote from elastic: “@raulfg3 I got it to work with your help, thank you! Can anyone point me in the right direction to get autodl-irssi installed? Docker is very confusing to me... Edit: Hmm, also can't seem to change the…
  • Sadly I can't help you, but have a similar problem. My OMV 4 Server suddenly stopped responding to SSH, Plex stopped, JDownloader stopped… Sometimes I get an nginex-error and directly after a nginex restarted-Mail, but so far I am only able to get the…
  • Jesse2022 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Logging in not working.

Thread
    I got omv on my raspberry pi 3 (yes I know it will be slow but I want to try it). I boots properly but when it asks for raspberrypi login I enter admin then it asks for password, I enter openmediavault. It then gives me system information (ip, cpu temp,…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread Cannot upgrade: /etc/systemd/system/openmediavault-issue.service is masked.

Fixed it: Source Code (5 lines)Source Code (5 lines) this fixed it. Greetings, Hendrik