openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Core i7-6700k custom build

jollyrogr

Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?

SteveMann

Build a minipc nas, but which?

tkaiser

OMV has no longer a network connection

Ch3fk0ch

Mail with PHP error after upgrade from 3.X to 4.X

cmbe

Recent Activities

• jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Core i7-6700k custom build.

Just my preference. Liquid coolers aren't as reliable as air coolers. For a desktop machine, ok, but for a server components should be chosen with function and reliability in mind and air cooling is the way to go. I'd hate to have the cooler spring a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from jollyrogr: “I would ditch the liquid cooler though. ” Out of curiosity, why?
  • Stramm -

• SteveMann -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

Ummm... because I didn't know there was an OMV iso? DOH! You are exactly correct that the original purpose was to drain the swamp. OMV on the Raspberry Pi was just too slow. And my Raid kept disappearing. So, lessons learned: 1) Don't use RAID…
  • jollyrogr -

Nice setup. I would ditch the liquid cooler though.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Build a minipc nas, but which?.

Quote from steakhutzeee: “Just after the boot, i see i can check for updates. This way the entire openmediavault will update to the latest version? ” All packages are updated on first boot automagically anyway with the ARM images if you follow the…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Help- How do I Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch)?.

In your first post you write that you want to install OMV on a spare PC. Why don't you use the ISO? It is easier.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Build a minipc nas, but which?.

Quote from steakhutzeee: “This way the entire openmediavault will update to the latest version? ” Yes, OMV, plugins and the underlaying debian/armbian.
  • Ch3fk0ch -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV has no longer a network connection.

I normaly dont have a Desktop at the PC but he all time starts instant and not with that delay of 1min 30sec. So i think its new.