openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I know that this thing must have been asked several times, but dind't find anything in the forum, so here I am....
    I'm experimenting OMV3, coming from old, dear OMV2 (why EOL, poor?), and I'd like to do a couple of operations:
    1) take a system snapshot, so than I can go back if something goes wrong (like it was a VM);
    is than possible somehow?
    2) have a system disk backup for disaster recovery: I saw the plugin "backup" and I'm asking: in case of emergency can I make a fresh install of OMV3 on a new hd/ssd and simply (re)copy all the backupped files to the new sys disk? Is that enought?
    Thanks folks!
    Massimo
  • New

Hi there,
    in the section "General Preferences" I set session timeout to 0 expecting the the automatic logut to be disabled. In/etc/openmediavault/config.xml I find this section:

Source Code

1. <!-- Web administration configuration - Do not add any configuration here -->
    2. <webadmin>
    3. <port>80</port>
    4. <enablessl>0</enablessl>
    5. <sslport>443</sslport>
    6. <forcesslonly>0</forcesslonly>
    7. <sslcertificateref></sslcertificateref>
    8. <timeout>0</timeout>
    9. </webadmin>
    So it seems ok for me. However, after a few minutes (I did not count it) of inactivity I am getting logged out from the OMV GUI. After rebooting the OMV system the situation does not change.
    Has someone a hint for me how to disable…
  • New

Hello,;
    Please coud you help me?
    I have got 3 disks; and sometime want to move large folder between them.
    I use SMB with à PC on windows 7 to see files, movies and sounds. Works well.

When i want to move such large file, it goes through the LAN. So slow and my PC needs to be ON and not OFF.
    I would like to move it inside the DEBIAN, between disks. Without using LAN network.

How to ?
    I use PuTTy. I do not know how to do the movement between disk.
    I tried tutorial but it does not work seems not acces to disk. Locked by OMV ?

Tk's

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Copy files from usb harddrive to OMV Server

Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?

flmaxey

Samba AD/DC integration

donh

Pinned Windows shares / samba Trouble shooting

donh

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

Recent Activities

• wahyuarianto -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Copy files from usb harddrive to OMV Server.

Thread
    Hi Everyone. I have a server running OMV 3.0.86 Erasmus. I just ask the question. Can i copy file form External HDD to OMV who run by EXT4 filesystem. If possible. can i get the tutorial. Thanks for the help. :) :) :) :thumbsup:
  • Since the thread question had been answered, it's probably time to start a new thread in General. (From here, you'll be looking at configuration items and issues.) ________________________________________ On the flashmemory plugin, it's a good thing you…
  • scoop -

Liked citynet’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Connect OMV to Active Directory 2012.

Like (Post)
    After a few hours of attempt I manage to get the user list under ACL I'm not sure which part is necessary and which is not, but it is working now I install dose to packages Source Code (2 lines) Edit /etc/nsswitch.conf (add winbind) Source Code (14…
  • flmaxey -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3.x Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from flmaxey: “the reason for installing the flashmemory plugin in is to reduce the frequency and size of the writes to your flash media. With flash media, the number of times a single location can be written is finite. ” That's not the…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from flmaxey: “the reason for installing the flashmemory plugin in is to reduce the frequency and size of the writes to your flash media. With flash media, the number of times a single location can be written is…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Samba AD/DC integration.

Look at sssd and realmd. Both are the newer way to go. realmd may work best for you. If you get a good working method please post it here. If we can get enough examples it may make into a plug in or feature. Thanks
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Windows shares / samba Trouble shooting.

To see your version of samba or any other package for that matter. dpkg -l |grep samba Source Code (1 line)I assume debian would patch this if it didn't work with 10. I don't have win10 to test with. If you find a solution I will reference it in the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Add drives to an existing array, then extend the existing partition/file system?.

Quote from flmaxey: “the reason for installing the flashmemory plugin in is to reduce the frequency and size of the writes to your flash media. With flash media, the number of times a single location can be written is finite. ” That's not the…
  • mateuxp -

Replied to the thread "Missing" RAID filesystem.

Command lsblk is displaying md0 raid array, look at row 12 & 14: Source Code (14 lines) Don't think there is problem with /dev/md0 but I don't have proofs yet as well as OMV 4 broke something during upgrade, interesting issue df -kh shows /dev/md0…
  • flmaxey -

Since the thread question had been answered, it's probably time to start a new thread in General. (From here, you'll be looking at configuration items and issues.) ________________________________________ On the flashmemory plugin, it's a good thing you…