openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

I got a ZFS-Pool and my disks spindown after 10 minutes without usage. I set this up before with hd-idle when I used snapraid + mergerfs. But now I would like to set it to 30 minuts, but even if I comment the line in /etc/default/hd-idle out, the disks are send to spindown after 10 minutes.
    Since ZFS sets for every drive the same UUID, should I use this UUID once?

edit: nope, with this UUID the disks are still going down after 10 minutes...
  • New

Hello all!
    I am kind of newbie in NAS system.
    I'd like to ask some advises about installing OMV in system.
    My system is rack server where MegaRAID SAS 2280 is installed and now it has two virtual disks (32TB with raid6, 255GB with raid1).
    I installed openmediavault_4.1.3-amd64 there and got an error as the below,

error: attemp to read or write outside of disk `hd0'
    Entering rescue mode..
    grub rescue>

So, I tried to recover the grub using debian grub recovery but still failed!
    (It returned kind of error that is "The missing firmware files are : isci/isci_firmware.bin")
    Now Im wondering if my system cannot be supported by OMV (which means I cannot install OMV in my system ) or if there's any mistake I did..

I definitely need advises & helps!!!!!
    Thank you in advance ;(
  • New

Hello everybody,

I was already reading this forum since a long time without registration since I never experienced any problems with OMV on my HP N40L Microserver, but now I would need some support and I hope that somebody has an idea regarding my problem.

Since the last update from OMV 4.1.12 to OMV 4.1.13-1 I have the issue that read speed on my SAMBA shares decreased to ~45MB/sec, write speeds are ~100MB/sec like before the update.
    Before the read speed was always between 95-110 MB/sec for reads and writes.
    When I check the hardware, neither CPU, disks nor ethernet are near their limits during file reading from the shares.
    Their are no advanced setting applied at the SMB/CIFS settings page and no settings changes were done compared to before the update.

Hardware is a HP N40L Microserver with 8GB RAM.

Thank you in advance for any input.
  • New

Hello all,
    I built OMV on a VMWare ESXi 6.5 free edition server. i gave the VM 2 hard drives. one that was 16GB and the other is 120GB. i installed OMV to the 16GB but i am noting now that after everything is installed and i have setup plugins and other things, that the drive is only 8GB and currently has 2.17GB free. what happened to the other 8GB of the 16GB drive i gave it? what will happen if my install drive runs out of space?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Spindown issues with ZFS

Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4

mrperfektone

Installing OMV on my system..

A backup upgrade.

mikewesterman2018

Different Micro sd size

Adoby

Recent Activities

• Niemand -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Spindown issues with ZFS.

Thread
    Hi, I got a ZFS-Pool and my disks spindown after 10 minutes without usage. I set this up before with hd-idle when I used snapraid + mergerfs. But now I would like to set it to 30 minuts, but even if I comment the line in /etc/default/hd-idle out, the…
  • Adoby -

Liked mrperfektone’s post in the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Like (Post)
    Okay, it seems to me that I've got it working now by following Adoby's advice & and disabel S.M.A.R.T check so it does not read on the disk constantly :) Most: "192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 100 100,000 Old_age Always" Have my hard drives got…
  • mrperfektone -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Okay, it seems to me that I've got it working now by following Adoby's advice & and disabel S.M.A.R.T check so it does not read on the disk constantly :) Most: "192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 100 100,000 Old_age Always" Have my hard drives got…
  • arin78 -

Posted the thread Installing OMV on my system...

Thread
    Hello all! I am kind of newbie in NAS system. I'd like to ask some advises about installing OMV in system. My system is rack server where MegaRAID SAS 2280 is installed and now it has two virtual disks (32TB with raid6, 255GB with raid1). I installed…
  • mikewesterman2018 -

Replied to the thread A backup upgrade..

Quote from Gravel_Pit: “then upload them to something like dropbox or google drive. Does something like this exist? ” I was looking for the answer on the same question regarding google drive. Don't know yet. Mike Westerman buyessays.cheap
  • Adoby -

Liked trohn_javolta’s post in the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda :) What device do you use for nas trohn_javolta? ” Odroid Hc2 like others here. Thx that worked: 192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0 Looks good…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Different Micro sd size.

Read only allocated partition should do it. But I don't use Windows, so I can't test it. I remove the SD card and use a Linux Laptop with a SD card reader to back it up. I use a script, and dd and partclone. It only copies the partitions. There are…
  • ala.frosty -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

• ala.frosty -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

• trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Quote from mrperfektone: “sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda :) What device do you use for nas trohn_javolta? ” Odroid Hc2 like others here. Thx that worked: 192 Power-Off_Retract_Count 0x0032 200 200 000 Old_age Always - 0 Looks good…