openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Port Forward

Remi

New server installation: omv iso installer VS omv pkg on existing debian ?

chrbar

Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten

merkur

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

Kai

Wifi adapters support

kledder

Recent Activities

• Remi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Port Forward.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Please don't. Use a VPN if you need to access your server from outside your network. ” Can you explain in short why ? Regards
  • chrbar -

Replied to the thread New server installation: omv iso installer VS omv pkg on existing debian ?.

Thanks a lot ryecoaaron for these infos, and to take time to reply to me. Ok, them I'll remove of my plan the desktop environment. I saw there is an extra-plugin for VirtualBox, but I prefer use KVM (with remote access via VNC). Do you know if there…
  • merkur -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte läßt sich nicht aushängen/unmounten.

Ja Ordner sind auf der Platte, aber keine fregegebenen. Sprich unter Dienste --> SMB/CIFS --> Freigaben taucht die Platte nicht mit einem Ordner auf.
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “The openmediavault-backup plugin is easy to setup and one click to backup or you can even setup a scheduled backup with it. Yes, there are lot of steps to restore but there is no getting around that. There is a new guide on how…
  • kledder -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Thanks for your comments so far. Unfortunately, the Debian wifi compatibility list isn't much help. It's mostly chipsets and the mentioned models are either really old or not availlable. I wish I could just use a ethernet cable but this is simply not an…
  • macom -

Quote from merkur: “Und mit dem OMVbackup ein Backup der Systemplatte gemacht. ” Dafür brauchst du aber einen Ordner.
  • merkur -

Quote from macom: “Vermutlich hast du noch "freigegebene Ordner", ” Nein, auf der Platte waren nie freigegebene Ordner. Ich habe da nur per MC Daten rauf kopiert. Und mit dem OMVbackup ein Backup der Systemplatte gemacht.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

I would not dare to adorn myself with borrowed plumes. ;)
  • Quote from chrbar: “what is the best way (better stability, less conflict) to create an OMV server: ” Both methods end up with the same result. Quote from chrbar: “Usually NAS don't need a lot of cpu/ram, is it a real problem if I install a…
  • mcmgc -

Liked cieska’s post in the thread OMV 4.x docker install error.

Like (Post)
    I have same problem. I did try to re-enable Docker repo but no success. When docker gui installed with errors, through ssh apt-get update && apt-get upgrade and aptitude found badly installed packages 2 not fully installed or removed. Do you want to