openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

New to OMV so I might be missing something, but I had a lot of trouble getting an AFP share to work, the server would appear in Finder but when I tried to connect it said "Connection Failed".

After messing around I found the solution: the Privileges on the Shared Folder allowed read/write for my Group but not my User. Once I explicitly gave read/write to my User it worked. And yes my User is a member of the Group.

It worked with the SMB share so I'm assuming that privilege inheritance isn't working in the current version of the netatalk plugin.

I couldn't find any messages in the System Logs that matched the timestamps, but again I could be missing something.

OMV: 3.0.96
    netatalk: 3.2.10
    Mac OS: 10.13.2
  • New

Tried to enable my firewall rules trought the web interface:

So far so good, i think: after save; this translate to /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables

But when trying to APPLY, i get this error:

I am actually digging in the forum to find something related, but after 25 threads, i gave up.

?(
  • New

This is not the OS hard drive, but rather a 2nd HDD.

It shows up as /dev/sdb1 in the "File Systems" page, but when I go to the "Shared Folders" page and attempt to "+ Add" folders on it as shared folders it doesn't appear in the drop down list next to "Device".

If I plug in a USB External HDD and mount it, that external HDD does show up in the drop down list.

I should note that /dev/sdb1 is formatted with an ext4 file system and was formerly used on an OMV 2.x installation.

I'm trying to upgrade to OMV 3.x and I have hit this stumbling block. Before I resort to making a new logical volume on my OS HDD, copying the contents of /dev/sdb1 onto it, and deleting then recreating the filesystem on /dev/sdb1 via the OMV GUI, I wanted to ask here and see what wisdom I could gather.

My fear is that after doing all that repartitioning and moving files around and recreating the file system in the OMV admin GUI I'd find it STILL wouldn't work.... ?(

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds

flmaxey

AFP doesn't inherit group privileges

UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly

gderf

unknown option "--dport"

Unable to select mounted device from dropdown

mediagiant

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds.

Of drive related files, you've looked at the 3 main config files. To continue along the original line, I'd look closely at log files (syslog) for something that would indicate what the source of the error might be, but I couldn't tell you what exactly…
  • MettleMonkey -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x (stable) AFP doesn't inherit group privileges.

Thread
    New to OMV so I might be missing something, but I had a lot of trouble getting an AFP share to work, the server would appear in Finder but when I tried to connect it said "Connection Failed". After messing around I found the solution: the Privileges on…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

The first recommendation would be to have one or more directories off the root of your drives. Just writing a lot of files files into the root is not a good idea. Here's how I have mine set up. I do not use the Union Filesystems plugin here, rather I…
  • stratege1401 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) unknown option "--dport".

Thread
    Tried to enable my firewall rules trought the web interface: 4keg.jpg So far so good, i think: after save; this translate to /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openmediavault-iptables faro.jpg But when trying to APPLY, i get this error: 9j1a.jpg I am actually…
  • daveinfla -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds.

Quote from flmaxey: “Depending on how far you're into your configuration, importing your new pool into a fresh OMV build is a nice clean option. Let me put that out there. ” SO, next! I searched high and low, nothing referencing the NTFS drive at…
  • mediagiant -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Unable to select mounted device from dropdown.

No way I'm wiping that disk. It already has all my files on it, and I don't have anything else that can hold that much data. What else can I do?
  • flmaxey -

Before starting down this road: Depending on how far you're into your configuration, importing your new pool into a fresh OMV build is a nice clean option. Let me put that out there. :)
  • stratege1401 -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Help setting up firewall (iptables).

On my omv testbench, NFS rules ports 111 cannot be set to all with GUI. Need two rules, one in udp, one in tcp. paaj.jpg nstt.jpg
  • flmaxey -

Before starting down this road: Depending on how far you're into your configuration, importing your new pool into a fresh OMV build is a nice clean option. Let me put that out there. :)
  • stratege1401 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Unable to select mounted device from dropdown.

Usually, you need to "wipe" disk, and then create le file system.