openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

Sorry if this is a noob question since I'm new to Unix based systems. But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver? The motherboard of my fileserver is soon the only motherboard that has a actual floppy connector and where I work we still have some super expansive machines that write their data on floppy disks.

So is there a way I can mount my floppy disk like I can mount a USB hard drive or do I really need to mess with Docker or Virtualbox just to read and write a floppy disk?

And before someone asks, a USB FDD is not a option. Too unreliable and I already have 2 that don't work properly/reliably.
  • New

After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs.

I think I do not have high demands, looked for a Odroid HC2 while having a ironwolf 8TB Harddisk at hand. But in Germany it seems to be sold so I need alternatives ... what else Setup seems to be suiteable? Looked for RockPro64 but dont know if attaching Sata Drives Via USB3 is good / performant. Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ... What do I have to buy to run it 24/7 and where? Is there something else leke the HC2, while i like the dedicated straight design ...

Micha
  • New

hello,
    first, i hope everybody will understand my poor english ;)
    i found many thread speaking about modifying parameters in monit configuration, but i didn't found a thread about adding a new entry.
    I just want to monit with a network ping test if a device is connected or not on my network, and if not, send an alert.
    I thought it was exactly what monit does, that is why i want to add a service in monit. but i don't know which file adding/modifying to do this being sure that omv will not reset all i have done when reboot.
    thank you in advance for your help
  • New

Hello,

I've recently configured sonarr, radarr, jackett, and deluge. I followed Technodad's youtube videos. It took me a little while but I finally got sonarr and radarr working properly and they send everything over to deluge to download. The issue is that deluge isn't actually downloading anything. I used to to have an "error" message which I seem to have fixed by changing the download directory (hopefully it's correct now). Now the word "error" has been replaced with "downloading" but still nothing happens.
    I configured qbittorrent and I'm getting the same issue. I don't know if the problem might be related to my router but torrent downloading works perfectly fine on my windows machine.

Here is a screenshot of what qbittorrent looks like.
    imgur.com/a/2Yvidf7

Can't seem to find anything on google and the few guides regarding using torrent clients for OMV don't ever mentioning configuring any of this crap which leads me to believe it should normally just work out of the box?

I…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?

Adoby

Pinned Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares

carriba

Virtualbox VNC Issue

marcsgirall

Read floppies directly from OMV

Rickboy333

Downloads not working for torrents

gderf

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

System backup: Clone USB thumb drive with OMV system to a spare USB thumb drive and to image stored on HDD. Scenario: USB thumb drive catastrophic failure. Corrective measure: Replace USB thumb drive with backup thumb drive. Reboot. Carry…
  • carriba -

Replied to the thread Windows 10 Creators failure to locate CIFS/SMB shares.

Yes, this is correct. Either using the IP address or the host name to access the OMV4 server does not work for Windows 10 Enterprise and for Windows 10 Professional. I'm just getting a pop-up window asking for authorisation, however with the right user…
  • marcsgirall -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox VNC Issue.

Oh nice, thanks. So if I understand correctly I upload those packages to the plugin installer after having removed the existing virtualbox install?
  • marcsgirall -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox VNC Issue.

Like (Post)
    Quote from marcsgirall: “So I’ve been trying to find the ConsoleImpl.cpp file to patch & I can’t for the life of me find it in the plugin version of VBox. ” As I posted in the other thread about this, I built the packages and put them here -
  • sergiu46 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Like (Post)
    One of the RPi Trading guys answered and explains the additional bits: github.com/raspberrypi/firmwar…ae#commitcomment-31620514 So the new behavior is documented at least there. To fix things occurrences of printf "%019d" should be replaced with printf
  • Rickboy333 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Rickboy333: “But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver? ” Sure but not via the OMV web interface. You would do it just like any other Linux box. Assuming the disk was…
  • Rickboy333 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Rickboy333: “But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver? ” Sure but not via the OMV web interface. You would do it just like any other Linux box. Assuming the disk was…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How to backup and restore OMV configuration ? BMR Plan - howto?.

Quote from akurzawa: “How to backup OMV configuation to restore settings after disaster recvery? Case: OMV installation is destoyed, I've all the data on separate partition, I want to quickly install fresh OMV from DVD and restore config for network,…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Downloads not working for torrents.

Very nice job on the screenshots, all in one place. What hardware platform are you running on and which deluge docker are you using? In your Deluge Network settings you can not use random incoming ports. You must specify at least one port and that port…