openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language
    The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum gave me a lot of help just by searching :)
    But thats the fun with building something on your own.
    The Case is rather big, not a Problem for me, it has a lot of space inside and everything stays cool and silent.
    I use it as Mediaserver for KODI with WOL and Autoshutdown

OMV = 4.0.16-1 (4.14.0.bpo.2-amd64)
    Case = Thermaltake Versa H15
    MB = Asrock J3455-ITX
    RAM = Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3L 1600 MT/s (PC3L-12800)
    SSD = (old) 64GB Crucical via USB3 Adapter (Sabrent USB 3.0 zu SSD)
    PSU = PicoPSU-90 12V
    HDD = 2x WD RED 4TB 1x WD RED 8TB (need to buy another 8TB)

• New

Hello guys,

I have installed a new omv system with 3 data disks, the snap raid plugin and for pooling unionFS with the policy ep MfS, but I mean this policy does not work correctly.

All content data where stored on one disk in my pool, in my case on sdc with 1,7 Tb free space. Actually the sdb drive has 2 Tb free space.???

Each copy job to the data disks are controlled by the policy?

Thx
  • New

hallo leute, ich habe ein riesen problem. habe ein bishen rumprobiert und rumgeschaut welche nas distrubition ich für meinen server nehme.

habe mich für omv entschieden.
    beim ersten testen ging alles super, bis auf das mit firefox das webinterface nicht richtig ging,
    mit internet explorer aber super.

dann weitere probiert. wieder zuruck zu OMV.

seit da kann ich das webinterface nicht mehr öffnen.

sowohl firefox, internet explorer als auch chrome können nichts öffnen.

soweit funktioniert alles.
    IP ist zugewiesen. ping geht. aber ich komme nicht drauf um alles einzustellen.

habe in einen beitrag gelesen das man das cache löschen soll, hab ich geacht, bringt nichts.

habt ihr weitere tips? soweit geht ja alles am server. ausser webinterface.

danke im vorraus

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX

Install ZFS or bust... bust?

wez

System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds

daveinfla

HP microserver Gen10

bbm

Newbie, Server hardware, Alpha software: My Winter NAS game

FireFlower

Recent Activities

• Felix1220 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Thread
    Just want to introduce my NAS, I´ll make it short - english is not my language The Asrock MB was not the best choice I guess, really difficult to setup for me (not much experience with Linux) and I ran into a lot of troubles during setup, this Forum…
  • wez -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Install ZFS or bust... bust?.

No, I didn't watch the video (didn't know about it); I will now though. Yeah, sorry about not posting the output from omvextras 4 failing to install. I'll get on that.
  • daveinfla -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) System Logs - monit, unable to read file system - repeats every few seconds.

I have the same issue, how did you fix it?
  • bbm -

Replied to the thread HP microserver Gen10.

Hello, my turn now 1 ) Buy an HP gen 10 micro server. From a nice reseller 2 ) Go to HP register yourself from another pc 3 ) Turn on the HP and enter in the BIOS and go in advanced where you see FRU Information take a snapshot of every number. 4 ) …
  • FireFlower -

Replied to the thread Newbie, Server hardware, Alpha software: My Winter NAS game.

[ignore]Edit: damn lack of coffee... I read again my posted sentence and made a little sense even to me, so here we go again...[/ignore] Progress has been slow, some parts that I ordered arrived after Christmas, have been busy with other projects like…
  • ixaff -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (testing) If using Docker in OMV with Flash Memory, is USB stick OS recommended?.

I was looking reading up on OMV + Docker when I chanced upon this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of this thread a discussion about how it might not be a good idea to run Docker and have it write to USB stick? Quote from…
  • matthias80 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (testing) UnionFS with Policy existing path most free space doesn't work correctly.

Thread
    Hello guys, I have installed a new omv system with 3 data disks, the snap raid plugin and for pooling unionFS with the policy ep MfS, but I mean this policy does not work correctly. All content data where stored on one disk in my pool, in my case on…
  • Haris2887 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) SMB Share Permissions.

Quote from riff-raff: “Did you set ACL and Privileges? Keep in mind, adding files through Samba into the nexcloud/owncloud data folder does NOT pass them through to your nextcloud, because the entries in database are missing. Try to use the official…
  • elvincent -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) headphones (docker) "cannot find directory".

here are my settings, any other images necessary?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x (stable) Install ZFS or bust... bust?.

Quote from wez: “OpenMediaVault 4 with omvextras 3 ” Please don't mismatch versions of OMV and omv-extras. That will cause problems. You don't mention why it fails. Error messages? How are you installing omv-extras? Do you fully update OMV right…