openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

HI everyone!
    I just got this message from my NAS:

Source Code

1. SMART error (FailedOpenDevice) detected on host: delibird on the Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:18:52 +0100 (CET)
    2. This message was generated by the smartd daemon running on:
    3. host name: delibird DNS domain: local
    4. The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
    5. Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST6000VN0041-2EL11C_ZA18QXJY [SAT], unable to open device
    6. Device info:ST6000VN0041-2EL11C, S/N:ZA18QXJY, WWN:5-000c50-0a43fe8bf, FW:SC61, 6.00 TB
    7. For details see host's SYSLOG.
    Display All
  • New

I’m looking for a reasonable priced PCI-E USB 3.0 card that has a 19-pin header so I can also hook up my USB 3.0 ports that are on the front of my NAS case. I found a bunch on Newegg that are between $16 - $30 but don’t know which ones OMV would support or have drivers for.

Anyone know of any supported cards as I wouldn’t want to buy one to find out it doesn’t work with OMV.

Thanks.
  • New

Hello,

I crashed my previous 4.x installation after removing automaticaly "unused" component.

I just get the latest one V4.1.7 and I always have the same trouble when I run apt-get update.
    I only configure some users and shares

Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0xb6323660>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    I have also this error

The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kyle1117/ppa/ubuntu cosmic InRelease' is not signed.

What are these errors ?

How to solve them ?

Thank you.
  • New

Hi all, i am using Openmediavault for a time now, and i have to reboot it to much ( like > every day )

I running OMV on a Raspberry pi with a 1TB external hard disk ( laptop disk )

I want to use it with my Phone's ( android ) and windows SAMBA.

When i want to transfer big files to the OMV it hangs after a while and the only sollution is restart.

I am tired of resetting it, and restart it and dont be able to transfer big files.

I am out of option, thats why i ask you guys for help.

I dont know allot of these things so i hope you can help me out and find out whats wrong with my setup.

Thx and greetings.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Supported PCI-E USB 3.0 w/ 19-pin header addon card

Markess

Asrock J4105 + SSD + 2*8TB HDD

Markess

Cannot see Disks in Raid menu

Gre@T

Pinned [Tutorial][Experimental][Third​-party Plugin available]Reducing OMV's disk writes, also to install it on USB flash

macom

SDB, or SDC but never SDB and SDC at the same time?

macom

Recent Activities