openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi,

I have a 4 bay NAS with 2 disk 2TB each.
    I want to configure SnapRaid + UnionFS.

With SnapRaid:

Disk1 -> Parity
    Disk2 -> Data + content

Its says that I need to have 2 content disk at least, what i am suppose to do ? can i set it up like

Disk1 -> Content + parity
    Disk2 -> Content + Data

? is this correct ?

What about UnionFS ? Can I merge Disk1 and Disk2 as a single disk called "storage" ? or is useless sicne the disk1 is used for parity only ?

thank you
  • New

I guess I have noticed this only now since I very rarely reboot my nas.
    Basically it seems one disk does not mount automatically. This is the email I receive from the NAS:

Source Code

1. Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-5A
    2. Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:32:41
    3. Action: alert
    4. Host: NAS
    5. Description: status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-5A is not a mountpoint
    6. Your faithful employee,
    7. Monit

I don't know why this started... but does anybody have a good idea how to resolve?

Also: how can I completely remove the reference to this disk from the system (so that I can go and add it from scratch)?

Thanks a lot for your help :)
  • New

Hi,
    First time poster - be gentle!

Am looking to setup an MPD server in OMV 4.1.12 using a docker. I've found a docker vimagick/mpd but my attempts to set it up are failing with an error I think is related to Volumes and Bind paths but I don't have enough experience with docker to troubleshoot the problem :S . So I wondered if anyone has written (or would be kind enough to write) a guide or pointers for installing this correctly.

I think these are the settings I'm trying to figure out in the run image dialog:

mpd: image: vimagick/mpd ports: - "6600:6600" - "8800:8800" volumes: - ./mpd.conf:/etc/mpd.conf - ./music:/var/lib/mpd/music - ./playlists:/var/lib/mpd/playlists devices: - /dev/snd restart: always

Thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Root login issue

Jieta25460

SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks

Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

ryecoaaron

OMV4 - Plötzlich keine Datenfestplatten mehr (Mount-Problem?)

hylli

Bitte um Hilfe - Upgrade OMV 3.x -> 4.x

WastlJ

Recent Activities

• arik -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks.

Thread
    Hi, I have a 4 bay NAS with 2 disk 2TB each. I want to configure SnapRaid + UnionFS. With SnapRaid: Disk1 -> Parity Disk2 -> Data + content Its says that I need to have 2 content disk at least, what i am suppose to do ? can i set it up like Disk1 ->…
  • Jieta25460 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Before do anything else are you sure there isn't anything else to do to create a root user ? Just add it in sudo group, no file should be modified ? I can change the root password but same problem with this account (like the video in page 1) ...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Missing file system after upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Quote from ananas: “if the array is recognized, then the ZFS signatures on the member disks can not be the issue. ” Not quite true. With Debian 8 (OMV 3.x), mdadm didn't seem to care if there was a zfs signature on the disk(s). With Debian 9 (OMV…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Root login issue.

Quote from Jieta25460: “I tried your commands on the server (there is a problem with ssh connection (acces denied) but in local it work. You will find photos with previous commands. ” That is very strange output. First, lsb_release should exist. …
  • hylli -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV4 - Plötzlich keine Datenfestplatten mehr (Mount-Problem?).

Ich vermute mal Source Code (1 line) Aktuell wo es läuft, sagt es folgendes aus: Quote: “dmesg | grep ATA [ 0.000000] NODE_DATA(0) allocated [mem 0x26effb000-0x26effffff] [ 1.037131] ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m2048@0xdf24b000 port…
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread Bitte um Hilfe - Upgrade OMV 3.x -> 4.x.

Quote from Michelle_Br: “- ich weiß, dass bei den OMV-Extras ein Equivalent meiner installierten Plugins vorhanden sein muss, damit sie aktiv bleiben können - gilt das auch für exakte Versionsnummer oder nur das Plugin ansich? ” Pluginversionen…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Raid degraded, cannot add disk.

Quote from Theelepel88: “see if i can completly destroy disk C ” If you follow the thread you'll be fine, the drive will be usable again. Also the wipefs -n will tell you if the disk has cleared that zfs_member.
  • Theelepel88 -

Just copying half a terra of photo's now, after that i will turn it off, remove the correct disks, boot in rescue mode, see if i can completly destroy disk C (or fix it...) and then shutdown, put disks back in, boot. I will let you know. Copy-ing the…
  • geaves -

Quote from Theelepel88: “Can i just remove the correct disks while doing the procedure? That would make sure i won't delete any data right? ” You you could, because the other odd thing about your output is that the mdadm.conf file has no reference to…
  • rs232 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OMV not mounting "some" drives after reboot.

Thread
    I guess I have noticed this only now since I very rarely reboot my nas. Basically it seems one disk does not mount automatically. This is the email I receive from the NAS: Source Code (9 lines) I don't know why this started... but does anybody have a…