openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pool is DEGRADED

flmaxey

New server installation: omv iso installer VS omv pkg on existing debian ?

ryecoaaron

virtualbox install issue headers?

ryecoaaron

Wifi adapters support

ryecoaaron

ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• wolf8auer -

Liked chrizZztian’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Replaced a disk with Snapraid -> Cannot access the files afterwards?.

Like (Post)
    Thanks for the fast response! And especially thx for the hint. I also thought that this could be somehow permission related. So I created new shares. Unfortunately with the same result. --> Digging a little bit deeper I found an omv extension called…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pool is DEGRADED.

You have 6 drives with 1.82T (roughly). You have to subtract 2 of those drives for parity (RAIDZ2) That leaves 4 drives at 1.82 = 7.28T in raw storage. A bit more must be subtracted out for ZFS overhead, checksums, etc. 7T is about right. Quote…
  • Quote from chrbar: “what is the best way (better stability, less conflict) to create an OMV server: ” Both methods end up with the same result. Quote from chrbar: “Usually NAS don't need a lot of cpu/ram, is it a real problem if I install a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

Quote from marvelous: “Is it just a case of select this and click upgrade? ” Yep. I recommend installing all of the updates in the Updates tab.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Wifi adapters support.

Quote from kledder: “I did a bit more research and only the 2 Edimax and Asus PCE-AC55BT card support Linux. For Asus PCE-AC55BT (and the B1 version) it's unclear which version of LInux it supports. ” I have a TP-link ac1300 and it uses the Broadcom…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread ODROID XU4 USB 3.0 Disconnect only on OMV.

Quote from Reutemann: “Did the armbian -u, says uploaded to ix.io/1yBU ” All that can be read from the log is 'filesystem already corrupted', nothing else in there (armbianmonitor -u only uploads last 250 lines from dmesg output). But even more dmesg
  • gderf -

Quote from kledder: “It would be very helpful if there would be a "supported wifi NICS" list for OMV. ” This would be something Debian would provide.
  • marvelous -

Replied to the thread virtualbox install issue headers?.

no that's the kernel that was installed, what's the safest/best way to upgrade the kernel on omv? Is it just a case of select this and click upgrade? kernel.png
  • kledder -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “It might be easier to use a wireless bridge. ” Probably true but I must insist on using a wireless NIC. I did a bit more research and only the 2 Edimax and Asus PCE-AC55BT card support Linux. For Asus PCE-AC55BT (and the B1…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from flmaxey: “The latest back ports kernel is 4.19. It shouldn't be long until the 4.20 upgrade is available on OMV but, as far as I can tell, it's not available at this time. ” The backports kernel is the next version of Debian's kernel. …