openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,
    I have a serious problem with an external USB Disk, I hope I can fix it with your help:

Until yesterday, I had an EXT4 formatted USB Harddrive attached to my Fritzbox for all kind of Data. Suddenly, various files vanished or had a size of 0 Byte.
    I thought it had something to do with the Fritzbox, so I attached the USB Drive to my omvault device, but had the same issues.
    I than run a "fsck.ext4 -f /dec/sda1" command on the drive. It found some problems and asked me if I want to repair them. (As I did)

But now I can´t see anything in the shared folder, but If I take a look into "File Systems" in the GUI, I can still see that there is an EXT4 filesystem present and the available size is 82 gib from 1,79 tib, so hopefully there is still data on the drive?

Can you give me some hints for accessing the data?

Thanks a lot,
    Philipp
  • New

I had been on OMV 3.99 for months without issues and was perfectly content with the system so saw no reason to risk losing everything in an update to 4.0. Last week I noticed my plex page keeps telling me there is a new update, but it never showed up in the update management section of the webgui. I AM a plexpass member with beta if that makes much of a difference. Thinking that maybe the plex plugin was no longer being supported on 3.x I went ahead and updated to 4.1, but still no plex update is available. Everything seems to be running fine in the meantime, I just need to try and find out why my VPN stopped working months ago....

In the meantime, is there some reason the newest Plex updates aren't available? Typically the plugin updated the same day I'd see the notification on my homepage...

Thanks,

Corey
  • New

I just installed the most recent version on OMV onto my server after performing a hascheck and after rebooting I see the this error. Any ideas?

Attempting Boot From USB DriveKey (C:)
    Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0' .
    Entering rescue mode . . .
    grub rescue>

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

snapraid + drives issue

geaves

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

JohnStiles

Help with repairing file System?

AdmiralRaccoon

I can not make changes to the right side of the administration panel

grusu

Boot with no video card

raulfg3

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread snapraid + drives issue.

Quote from lenovomi: “is it possible that smartctl shows everything ok for that drive - sdd - and even dmesg log points its drive failure? ” Yes, you need to look at the drive information, just because it's passes a test doesn't mean the drive is not…
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from ekent: “After reading through this thread I thought that I'd settled on getting an Odroid-HC2, but now I'm thinking I'd like the ability to have 2 or more 3.5" drives (probably up to 4) connected, possibly even in a RAID1…
  • lenovomi -

Replied to the thread snapraid + drives issue.

@geaves is it possible that smartctl shows everything ok for that drive - sdd - and even dmesg log points its drive failure? Well not sure why still sdc got issue with mergerf even i run fsck etc after some time i still got these errors. also is it…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Alexio: “12V/5A can drive four 3.5" hard disks ” Be careful with such statements since how did they test? If they tested like Hardkernel with their H2 you might be surprised. Also vast majority of 3.5" HDDs I came across so far have "2A…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from ekent: “now I'm thinking I'd like the ability to have 2 or more 3.5" drives (probably up to 4) connected, possibly even in a RAID1 configuration. I'd like to be able to do general backing up of files and also stream music and movies etc to a…
  • Alexio -

Quote from ekent: “I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi 2B with a 2TB HDD. It's terrible! After reading through this thread I thought that I'd settled on getting an Odroid-HC2, but now I'm thinking I'd like the ability to have 2 or more 3.5" drives…
  • AdmiralRaccoon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with repairing file System?.

Got it by myself, The shared Folder pointed to the wrong folder...Whoo-hoo, now my girlfriend won´t kill me tonight. Nice weekend to you all
  • AdmiralRaccoon -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Help with repairing file System?.

Thread
    Hello, I have a serious problem with an external USB Disk, I hope I can fix it with your help: Until yesterday, I had an EXT4 formatted USB Harddrive attached to my Fritzbox for all kind of Data. Suddenly, various files vanished or had a size of 0…
  • grusu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I can not make changes to the right side of the administration panel.

Yes, it always happens when I press a button on the right that involves opening another window. Only windows that do not involve user intervention are opened. For example, in "Update management" if I press "Check" opens the "Please wait ..." window but…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I can not make changes to the right side of the administration panel.

Can you check if your HTML code looks like this? forum.openmediavault.org/index…b51291be8d4bf9fb634c006d1