openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV, UnionFS, Snapraid

Sean Hind

UrBackup - need to set shared folder new after reboot?!?

FFrank

Replacing Non-ECC with ECC

Markess

Server shutting down randomly ... software or hardware issue?

elvincent

Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker

Agricola

Recent Activities

• Sean Hind -

Replied to the thread OMV, UnionFS, Snapraid.

I have a similar setup, and a similar problem, all the data on one drive. did you find a setting that spread the data across the drives? what I'm looking for is either a setting that fills a drive and moves on to the next, or preferably one that…
  • FFrank -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x UrBackup - need to set shared folder new after reboot?!?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Are you using the urbackup plugin or docker? Is the share you are using a local filesystem? If so, what kind and is it a usb drive? ” I am using the Plugin. The share is on internal HDDs (unionFS + Snapraid). All via…
  • KM0201 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kai: “Does the USB 3.0 stick, when mounted in a rear panel 3.0 slot, still access RAM for the purpose of being able to put OMV4 into a Wake On LAN scenario? ” OMV will boot from a rear panel USB socket (were it won't be broken off). …
  • Markess -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replacing Non-ECC with ECC.

Quote from donh: “Will the cost of the upgrade be worth it? ecc used to be the only way to go but now not so much. ” Its important to keep your context in mind. ZFS with ECC was originally designed for, and many would argue works best in, enterprise…
  • elvincent -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Server shutting down randomly ... software or hardware issue?.

pass all the test and swapped out the power and just my luck still randomly crashes. Any suggestions which part to look at now? Or is there a log I can print out that someone smarter than me can see what the issue is?... thanks in advance
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Questions concerning [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker.

I figured how to set my DNS server on my iPhone to my Rpi3's address but I still cannot set pihole DNS settings to unbound without blocking my iPhone from the internet on wifi. I am running a Tomato router and I have only the one pihole DNS server…
  • slb20 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with omvextra repositories.

if i install the docker-ce over the webgui i get the same PATH error as previous.. by insalling it over the cli i get following…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails.

Quote from Robbin: “Actually I suffer from similar errors on other actions in GUI, for example when I try to enable User home directory ” Hmm... not related to eMMC or XU4 (thread title) so I would suggest opening a new thread with this...
  • reeneex -

Replied to the thread OMV wont show up / es zeigt sich nicht.

Sdb1 steht nirgends. Ich hab noch größere Screenshots gemacht. Ganz ehrlich ist mir auch nicht klar welche Befehlszeile notwendig ist. Unter grub hab ich noch nicht gearbeitet.4f2039a6253211204833cf93af69abf8.jpgf55d6f7bc27e8616ee5bd446bdadf2b2.jpg
  • Robbin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved installing omv 4 on odroid-xu4 fails.

Quote from tkaiser: “Yes, how does the output of cat /proc/partitions or even better armbianmonotor -u looks like? ” Source Code (18 lines) armbianmonotor -u ix.io/1yY2 So there was a partition, thanks: Source Code (21 lines) However now I can't mount…