openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs.

I think I do not have high demands, looked for a Odroid HC2 while having a ironwolf 8TB Harddisk at hand. But in Germany it seems to be sold so I need alternatives ... what else Setup seems to be suiteable? Looked for RockPro64 but dont know if attaching Sata Drives Via USB3 is good / performant. Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ... What do I have to buy to run it 24/7 and where? Is there something else leke the HC2, while i like the dedicated straight design ...

Micha
  • New

hello,
    first, i hope everybody will understand my poor english ;)
    i found many thread speaking about modifying parameters in monit configuration, but i didn't found a thread about adding a new entry.
    I just want to monit with a network ping test if a device is connected or not on my network, and if not, send an alert.
    I thought it was exactly what monit does, that is why i want to add a service in monit. but i don't know which file adding/modifying to do this being sure that omv will not reset all i have done when reboot.
    thank you in advance for your help
  • New

So I've got an OMV 3.x server that I made out of an old dell PE 840, with 4 2TB drives in the Dell SAS Raid enclosure. Over the weekend a VM that I have on it failed. When i checked it out found tons of 'medium errors' and 'unrecoverable read errors'. I assume it's 'bad blocks' so first and foremost, how do I run a 'scandisk' or something on this to recover what it can?

Second would be, is there a way to get notified of errors like this? I think if I could have moved this before it got bad I wouldn't be in a pinch now so i figured I'd check for my other systems and future reference...

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser

OMV 4 Zoneminder

peram

Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,

tkaiser

Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing

cghill

add monit entry

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from esbeeb: “I'm using SMB3.11, I got this by running the "smbstatus" command ” You do not get the SMB version/dialect this way since client and server negotiate this dynamically. But since you haven't changed settings at least you're not…
  • peram -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 Zoneminder.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from peram: “does not work with the proposed docker for arm ... docker: koenkk / rpi-zoneminder ” What kind of system are you using? ” OMV4 on Odroid HC2 ... setting port 8080 but when I launch I am getting…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Quote from mipi: “Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ” Of course as long as - you use a good USB to SATA bridge (JMS578 for example) - you don't run into cabling/contact issues (a very 'popular' problem…
  • cghill -

Replied to the thread Trying to swap drives in RAID1 but RAID is missing.

Wow, thank you @flmaxey for the very informative response as well as all the resources you linked. You make a very strong case for OMV and I think I will give it a try so I can sunset my DS211j. Thank you as well @geaves for helping me sort through…
  • youtu.be/arrHdrbKaEk Today, we will install Tautulli using docker to monitor our Plex watchinghabits. You need to have Plex installed to use this. Here is a video on how to do that: Plex Video For Raspberry Pi use this docker: lsioarmhf/tautulli
  • youtu.be/jS4oiJcrrR4 Today, we install Heimdall which creates a simple dashboard to organize and provide ready access to our docker apps and server.
  • mipi -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 ... or something else ... RockPro64 ,,,.

Thread
    After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs. I think I do not have high demands,…
  • neeqkowlah -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x add monit entry.

Thread
    hello, first, i hope everybody will understand my poor english ;) i found many thread speaking about modifying parameters in monit configuration, but i didn't found a thread about adding a new entry. I just want to monit with a network ping test if a…
  • esbeeb -

Quote from tkaiser: “~35MB/s ” Yes, that's that fastest I've ever been able to get, on average (as in, I always purposely outrun the disk buffers because I upload/download 2GB worth of files as a test), when downloading over FTP (37 MB/sec,…
  • esbeeb -

I'm just using the standard SMB support which OMV 4 offers, without hacking the default SMB settings. Is that SMB1, SMB2, or SMB3? Samba supports up to SMB3, apparently. Perhaps I too hastily assumed that I was using SMB1, believing it to be the