openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I had been on OMV 3.99 for months without issues and was perfectly content with the system so saw no reason to risk losing everything in an update to 4.0. Last week I noticed my plex page keeps telling me there is a new update, but it never showed up in the update management section of the webgui. I AM a plexpass member with beta if that makes much of a difference. Thinking that maybe the plex plugin was no longer being supported on 3.x I went ahead and updated to 4.1, but still no plex update is available. Everything seems to be running fine in the meantime, I just need to try and find out why my VPN stopped working months ago....

In the meantime, is there some reason the newest Plex updates aren't available? Typically the plugin updated the same day I'd see the notification on my homepage...

Thanks,

Corey
  • New

I just installed the most recent version on OMV onto my server after performing a hascheck and after rebooting I see the this error. Any ideas?

Attempting Boot From USB DriveKey (C:)
    Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0' .
    Entering rescue mode . . .
    grub rescue>
  • New

Hi Everyone,

I have a 7 year old HP ProLiant N40L mini server that's been running strong and I am starting to think about upgrading it. I use it for my NAS, Docker, and VirtualBox. I would like to try to get something with more horsepower and possibly with hardware RAID. What are some comparable options that won't break the bank (no more then $500 USD)?

I plan on reusing my disks, so that cuts down the budget big time.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Restore OMV Backup

Egleu

snapraid + drives issue

flmaxey

I can not make changes to the right side of the administration panel

grusu

Plex update available for days, why no update?

gderf

how to modify the 85% threshold filesystem notification?

gderf

Recent Activities

• Egleu -

Replied to the thread Restore OMV Backup.

After consecutive reboots more and more services were failing and my attempts to restore the backup made it worse. I'll use this opportunity to upgrade to omv 4. Thanks for your help though.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread snapraid + drives issue.

(What's your OMV version?) Why would you think it's a software bug? You're aware that some USB interfaces filter drive ATA commands, right? (And, while I might be wrong about this, with the box thrown in there, you might have two USB interfaces in a…
  • grusu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I can not make changes to the right side of the administration panel.

• gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex update available for days, why no update?.

Docker is like a virtual environment of sorts. It can appear to be a bit unwieldy at first, but there are guides available here on the OMV forum site that will show you the way. I use to have quite a few programs running on my OMV that were either done…
  • corey5188 -

I see... I would definitely try Plex in docker if I could fully understand how that all works. Been on OMV for 2 years now but have a limited knowledge of linux. Docker seems to be some kind of VM or something to run programs externally?
  • gderf -

If you are using the OMV Plex plugin, it communicates with the Plex.tv repository. However, Plex Pass versions are not available via that repository. Only the public releases are available that way. You have some options though. 1) Manually download…
  • corey5188 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Plex update available for days, why no update?.

Thread
    I had been on OMV 3.99 for months without issues and was perfectly content with the system so saw no reason to risk losing everything in an update to 4.0. Last week I noticed my plex page keeps telling me there is a new update, but it never showed up in…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved how to modify the 85% threshold filesystem notification?.

• edwintheelf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 + RPI 2 = Crash.

tkaiser Thanks for the response! I have no /var/log/raspihealth.log (I've looked). BTW, forgot to state that I have heatsinks and a fan powered from the GPIO pins. (See below, temperatures are relatively low) Running raspimon I appear to be getting…
  • donh -

Replied to the thread Boot with no video card.

Redirecting video to serial may only be on servers to run them head less. Maybe an old pci card would use less wats? Good luck