openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

So I used to have a drive in my system called parity1media. I , i removed any shares associated with it, unmounted in it and removed it from my system. However, when I am starting a docker container and navigating to the Volumes and Bind mounts, I can still see it under /srv.

I checked my fstab, it does not exists, and my omv config.xml, it also does not exist in there.

Any ideas where else I have to remove it from to keep it from showing up?

Thank you
  • New

Hello,

I installed spotweb via docker and I can connect to the setup page for spotweb. I also enabled mysql and did add a new spotweb database.

When going through the spotweb setup and want to connect to the mysql database I am getting the error:

[b]SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory [/b] [b]Please correct the errors in below form and try again[/b]

Whatever I am trying it does not solve the problem!

Hope someone can tell me what might be the problem.

Type: mysql
    Server: localhost
    database: spotweb
    username: spotweb
    password: ******

Regards
  • New

Hi all,

I've just rented a SoYouStart single drive storage server which offers a one-click install of OMV. After getting nowhere for a while I've read somewhere that OMV won't allow you to allocate storage on the same drive that the OS (and OMV) is installed on.

Is this the case? If so, the SoYouStart servers (in my opinion) are a waste of space and it looks like I'll have to start again and create NFS shares the old fashioned way.

Thanks for looking
  • New

Hello all,

I have a problem with creating a scheduled wakealarm. (or more precisely, it is not possible for me)

If I set the time at which the system should start, the following error occurs.

Error wrote:

|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-9]|4[0-9]|5[0-9]|$/'.']minute: The value '15' doesn't match the pattern '/^[0-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-9]|4[0-9]|5[0-9]|$/'.

I found another topic that was about this "...doesn't match the pattern-thing", but I am an absolute novice
    in Linux and/or OMV and therefore I can not interpret the (possible) solution "The update is in the repo now". ?(
    What should I do?

TY

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Tons of unrecoverable read errors

flmaxey

Another permissions thread, help a noob set this up properly...

telijah

Transmission openvpn in docker

herve

Orphaned entry when navigating container folder

happimeal

OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting

Scriptcore

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Absolutely, let OMV manage your drives and with the right setup, if a drive passes gas you'll be notified. Quote from MickBurke: “The raid is a RAID 5 array controlled by the dell LSI raid controller, so OMV sees it all as one drive, so I don't know…
  • telijah -

Replied to the thread Another permissions thread, help a noob set this up properly....

I do have it being mirrored via rsync to another drive so I do have the contents. Thanks!
  • MickBurke -

OK, so it sounds like you're saying (and what I was missing with Geves) is that if we let OMV manage the drives and the raid, IT can then MONITOR each drive thereby eliminating the NEED to scan or check the drive? Thanks (and thanks for your patience…
  • flmaxey -

(After turning off hardware RAID) To see the status of your disks, under Storage, SMART, enable SMART. Then, in the devices tab, enable SMART monitoring on each device. At that point, you can click on a drive, the information button, then the
  • herve -

Replied to the thread Transmission openvpn in docker.

Solved by putting the container in bridge mode. Thank you
  • geaves -

• geaves -

Quote from MickBurke: “I think I'll need to find an alternative to OMV though, if there's no way to do simple tasks like check a drive. ” You simply need to turn off the Raid in the bios, that way it will be a sata controller and each disk will be…
  • happimeal -

Liked happimeal’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Orphaned entry when navigating container folder.

Like (Post)
    ugh, facepalm, i cannot believe i didn't think of that, thank you
  • happimeal -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Orphaned entry when navigating container folder.

ugh, facepalm, i cannot believe i didn't think of that, thank you
  • MickBurke -

Thanks yea that's the plan. I think I'll need to find an alternative to OMV though, if there's no way to do simple tasks like check a drive. I was just hoping to use the old Dell 840 server and OMV worked (where FreeNAS wouldn't) so that's where I…