openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

(EDIT)

Problem solved. I forgot to set ACL permissions for both Plex groups...

---------------------------

Hello to everyone,

yesterday I started my Plex Media Server on OMV4 well and I selected a media folder. Plex scanned all the stuff correctly.

But now there is a problem. I guess it's a permission one. I transfered new media files to the folder but Plex doesn't scan new media. It told me "Library scan complete" - no new media files appears in my lib.

Shall I create a new User, Group or something like else in OMV cp? If yes, which settings/permissions I have to set?

I run Plex without Docker.
  • New

I downloaded twice the file OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz (MD5 hash: b3ad4ddb9cbe91d34949b67473b8affa) and I got a different MD5 value. My value is "ff27e253c86abdcd51c533d4841d3ded" and it was calculated with WinMD5Free.
    I used etcher to copy the image to a SD Card (16 GB) and when I booted from it, I don't get anything like presented in this video:
    I initially used a WiFi keyboard, which OMV is not aware of. I purchased a USB keyboard, but now OMV is not aware of my Wireless internet connection. There are no settings for WiFi.
    Every time I configure the network with some values, they are instantly forgotten. I know this is experimental (the installation warns me it is experimental), but I would hope at least keyboard and network support.
    And the MD5 to be actually correct.

Kind regards,
    Nicolae
  • New

Hello,

The MD5 hash in the readme.txt (dated 2018-06-16) doesn't match the MD5 hash of the new ISO that was uploaded on 2018-07-19.

readme.txt MD5 hash: b3ad4ddb9cbe91d34949b67473b8affa

downloaded ISO MD5 hash: FF27E253C86ABDCD51C533D4841D3DED

I am assuming that the readme.txt wasn't updated when the new ISO was uploaded. If an OMV team member could verify the MD5 hash and post it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
  • New

Background - I had a few boxes built for friends and family in 2012-2013 mainly on core2duo 6600 4 gb ram 4x2tb RAID, that supported 0.5.6 (Sardaukar) version of OMV. Fisrt of all none of them failed in last 5 years and none was maintained other than power on/off. I got one of those back as not working after 5 years now and was looking at it and it fired up AOK with everything still running so WOW Thanks for creating this rock solid beautiful piece of software.

Question - Since the box is already here, what do you think is the best upgrade path in this case for me without changing any hardware.
  • New

Hey they,

I moved forward and upgraded my existing omv3 to omv4. Worked without any issues, except I had to remove and reinstall watchdog.

But after installing omv-extras I cannot run apt-get update anymore. Or at least it won't let me:

gnutls_handshake() failed: Public key signature verification has failed.

For both repos.

Any ideas?

openmediavault-keyring is installed.

Output of apt-get update:
    paste.ubuntu.com/p/ygf5rNnxK8/

Output of apt-get list
    paste.ubuntu.com/p/j8VjZbCjQn/

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

General discussion moved from another thread!!

geaves

Plex help (maybe a permission problem)

OpenMediaVault installation file for Raspberry Pi does not match the MD5 code - ff27e253c86abdcd51c533d4841d3d​ed

Cannot apt-get update - gnutls_handshake failed

sualfred

Docker issues connecting Radarr and Sonarr

joshfokis

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread General discussion moved from another thread!!.

Quote from flmaxey: “Yeah, the renovation is in the last stages. The Kitchen is done (actual cabinet making from scratch was involved, modification of store bought items, etc.). What a PITA. Carpentry is one thing but cabinet making requires…
  • lev -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Plex help (maybe a permission problem).

Thread
    (EDIT) Problem solved. I forgot to set ACL permissions for both Plex groups... --------------------------- Hello to everyone, yesterday I started my Plex Media Server on OMV4 well and I selected a media folder. Plex scanned all the stuff…
  • I downloaded twice the file OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz (MD5 hash: b3ad4ddb9cbe91d34949b67473b8affa) and I got a different MD5 value. My value is "ff27e253c86abdcd51c533d4841d3ded" and it was calculated with WinMD5Free. I used etcher to copy the…
  • sualfred -

Replied to the thread Cannot apt-get update - gnutls_handshake failed.

I got it working by downgrading libcurl3-gnutls to the latest one of jessie (libcurl3-gnutls=7.38.0-4+deb8u4) But why it's not working with the latest one?
  • sualfred -

Replied to the thread Cannot apt-get update - gnutls_handshake failed.

I has something to do with the ssl handshake. I get omv-extras running by forcing http://. I've noticed that the openssl package was missing for some reasons, but reinstalling changed anyting. Source Code (4 lines)
  • joshfokis -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker issues connecting Radarr and Sonarr.

I am having this same issue is there a way you can post what steps you took to resolve this issue it would be of great help to me.
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MD5 Hash for OMV 4 RPi ISO doesn't match readme.txt.

Quote from rdowns: “If an OMV team member could verify the MD5 hash and post it, I would appreciate it ” The MD5 hash of the new image I created/uploaded is ff27e253c86abdcd51c533d4841d3ded (SHA1/MD5 hashes are also available if you click on the info…
  • THALASTONE -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

I figured out what happened. When I set up the storage container as suggested by flvinny521, I didn't manually set the container paths. I assumed docker would get direct access to the host path. Well, that's wrong. The host paths are mounted inside…
  • THALASTONE -

Replied to the thread Docker and Plex - "There Are No Items In This Library".

Here is where my .config folder lies: Source Code (1 line) The permissions: Source Code (1 line) My media folder: Source Code (1 line) I currently have the directories and files owned by root Source Code (4 lines) The files inside are also owned by…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread Configure NUT client.

You can setup the UPS, using ACP software (and Windows unfortunately), to shutdown at some percentage of discharge. But this is configuring the firmware of the UPS, direct. The Linux Nut client powers down your server, based on time or at "low…