openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Sharing folders/files over internet

Mr.Grape

My OMV Build

jericho

[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

Quiksmage

GLITCHES WITH NAS1 AND NAS2 SETUPS. ALSO Apple iPad iOs question.

Possible to upgrade from 1.x or 2.x directly to 4.x ?

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

@Frepke mr-grape.8w4.ovh/Frepke/ login: Patrick password: Demo And here you have a very simple example of how this might look like for your friend if you based this solution on a web server. I'm not trying to convince you for this solution. This is…
  • jericho -

Replied to the thread My OMV Build.

Quote from ottoking: “Nice build... btw... I would upgrade to OMV 4.x as version 3 is already out of support. ” I did upgrade without problems so far. Thank yoy.
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV.

Hi everyone. I can't seem to find the ability to search this thread, so I hope this isn't already answered. I have snapraid setup to send an e-mail to me from its nightly sync/scrub per the diff script. Everything is working fine except the e-mail is a…
  • jericho -

Liked ottoking’s post in the thread My OMV Build.

Like (Post)
    Nice build... btw... I would upgrade to OMV 4.x as version 3 is already out of support.
  • I WANTEED TO TAKE THIS SPECIAL TIME TO GIVE MANY MANY MANY THANKS TO MACOM FOR HIS PATIENCE AND VALUED ASSISTANCE AND DIRECTION WITH ME SEETING UP 2X HC1"s AS NAS ON NETWORK. I HAVE AN EXTREME DISABILITY AND IT THEREFORE TOOK ME 2 1/2 DAYS TO GET THEM…
  • gderf -

sftp is a core capability within OMV, no plugin needed. However if you want chroot'd sftp you have to either hand configure for that or use the plugin. I don't use the plugin myself as I have a chroot'd sftp hand configuration I have been using for many…
  • I WANTEED TO TAKE THIS SPECIAL TIME TO GIVE MANY MANY MANY THANKS TO MACOM FOR HIS PATIENCE AND VALUED ASSISTANCE AND DIRECTION WITH ME SEETING UP 2X HC1"s AS NAS ON NETWORK. I HAVE AN EXTREME DISABILITY AND IT THEREFORE TOOK ME 2 1/2 DAYS TO GET THEM…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from Frepke: “Of course I'll take advice from you and other forum members. That's why I asked the question, for advice and help.I am grateful to everyone who has taken the time to give me advice. So I've 2 options now. 1 is the vpn option 2 is…
  • newbieHC1HC2 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x GLITCHES WITH NAS1 AND NAS2 SETUPS. ALSO Apple iPad iOs question..

Thread
    First, I was careful setting up OMV. I kept NotePad and recorded all IDs/Passwords, key information. I linked them to workstation PC (Windows 7 PeodwaaionL 7YR OLD PC) and BRAND NEW HP LAPTOP (WINDOWS 10 S) lAPTOP LOST ACCESS TO NAS1 saying password…