openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo,

Würde mir gerne nach diesem System eine NAS selber zusammenbauen, nur diese Gehäuse die in der Anleitung dorten stehen haben alle für das selbige Netzteil in der Anleitung kein passendes Gehäuse dazu, kann mir jemand ein passendes Gehäuse posten mit klingenanschluss, sollte 4x3,5 zoll interne festplatten haben, 2x2,5 zoll festplatte intern haben, der rest sollte das gleiche mainboard hinein passen. Hab schon mehrfach gegoogelt aber nichts dazu gefunden.

Hier mal die Anleitung um welches Netzteil es sich wirklich dabei handelt. :?: :?:

Anleitung zum selber bauen der nas
  • New

Hi,

Just got my Dynamic DNS solved, and I have created the following subdomains:
    vpn.domain.com (to connect OpenVPN AS)
    ftp.domain.com (for FTP connections)
    mov.domain.com (for Couchpotato)
    tv.domain.com (for Sonarr)
    bt.domain.com (for Transmission webgui)

And the base domain.com + domain.com is supposed to lead to NGinx (websites).

So my problem is, that I don't know how to begin with this.
    I want everything available except admin-pages which is reachable from the VPN.

Tried creating a NGinx (websites) server. But as OpenVPN AS used 443 it wouldn't allow me to create that as the default server.

And by the way, everything should be LetsEncrypt certified. I have created a certificate for domain.com
    Should I change the Webroot in LetsEncrypt from /var/www/openmediavault/ ?

All suggestions are welcome.
    I would love to have this perfectly setup!
  • New

I am running OMV 3.0.79 on a Raspberry Pi 3. I am using the NAS to store some official data for my office . I had some difficulty setting it up initially , but I succeeded in setting up and got it running.

but I am getting errors before I wasn't able to see the share drive , but now its readable to public and put it is write protected. I have made the setting as guest allowed and open for everyone in share drive settings

attaching the settings info , and I am completely new to Linux and have zero knowledge.

pls help. :(
    [/quote]
  • New

Hi,

Just switched from 2.0 to 3.0, and my old Pooling (aufs) plugin is no longer. So I have found out that Union Filesystems is the recommended one. I tried it out and I only get 10 MB/s read and write speeds.
    With my previous setup I got over 50MB/s, maybe around 70MB/s.

Why is there such a huge difference?

I use Existing path, most free space and the standard options:
    defaults,allow_other,direct_io,use_ino

Is there any way to switch to AUFS again with 3.0?

Right now it feels like a downgrade.

Thank you!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Nas selber zuammenbauen

quick question about reinstalling!

Plexmediaserver fails to startup after updating to version 1.9.2.4285 (following an OMV update to 3.0.89)

carriba

Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working

ToKind

Help me learn!

Fliggle_Slaps

Recent Activities

• ramus -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Nas selber zuammenbauen.

Thread
    Hallo, Würde mir gerne nach diesem System eine NAS selber zusammenbauen, nur diese Gehäuse die in der Anleitung dorten stehen haben alle für das selbige Netzteil in der Anleitung kein passendes Gehäuse dazu, kann mir jemand ein passendes Gehäuse…
  • filledk -

Posted the thread quick question about reinstalling!.

Thread
    so can i reinstall Openmediavault on a SSD without Loosing the data on my (only) Storage/data Drive? (dev/sda1) its filesystem EXT4 :) Edit: should i install OMV 4 or OMV 3 ?
  • carriba -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Update Plexmediaserver fails to startup after updating to version 1.9.2.4285 (following an OMV update to 3.0.89).

Resolved the issue by removing the "root" pointer in the environment variable $PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR in the file "/lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service", and then removed the "Codecs link loop" found after the installation. It…
  • ToKind -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working.

After fixing an DNS problem, I continued with the re-installation. Due to the help I was able to reinstall all plugins, which still had all my settings. There was no difference in SSH installation via apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault-XXXX (XXX…
  • Fliggle_Slaps -

Replied to the thread Help me learn!.

I hope people show their appreciation to you tkaiser, there aren't a lot of people willing to continually go into such depth. The real-life example was a good read too. You made a good point about a full backup to sit in cold storage, and then fill the…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?.

Quote from joq3: “Does that tell you anything? ” Not of course. Grab jperf.exe and run it on Windows against the IP address of your OMV box. But if that's too much hassles do the filesystem test, if you get there more than 12MB/s you also confirmed…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Degraded RAID Issue.

Quote from johnyb: “After testing the drive externally ” You did NOT test your drive at all. When only 800 MB were shown for a 3TB drive on your Windows bix most probably you shoved the drive in an old USB disk enclosure with a crappy USB-to-SATA bridge…
  • joq3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Union Filesystems (mergerfs) slow write and read?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from joq3: “Removing the direct_io flag gave me a whooping 11,5MB/s in read speed, write speed was the same as before. ” In other words: you're running on Fast Ethernet and not Gigabit Ethernet any more for whatever reasons :)
  • johnyb -

Replied to the thread Degraded RAID Issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. After testing the drive externally, in order to add it back into the raid I had to wipe it first (Physical Disks > WIpe) then it would show up as a device I could use to recover the Raid5. Not sure how the drive got in this…
  • johnyb -

Liked Sc0rp’s post in the thread Degraded RAID Issue.

Like (Post)
    Hi, bevor pulling out any drive, you should just check the SMART values of the faulty drive AND the logs (/var/log/syslog and/or /var/log/messages) ... next time. But now, you can put it back, then reactivate it in your array (simply add it to the…