openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

I need to modify a parameter of a service's unit file (/usr/lib/systemd/system/foo.service), but without modifying the unit file itself. According to numerous sources, systemd provides for this via what Arch Linux calls 'Drop-in files', which can override parameters of the unit file. When I tried to create a drop-in for a systemd service, via 'sudo systemctl edit foo.service', the result was "Unknown operation 'edit'." Not willing to give up, I used nano to create the drop-in file (in /etc/systemd/system/foo.d/override.conf), but when I tested the service, the override was ignored.
    What am I doing wrong ?
  • New

Dear all,

at the moment I´m setting up my new OMV-device.
    I´ve used a german tutorial from Technikaffe to build up OMV (4.0.14).

Sadly I´ve noticed that I´ve to do a repartition from my system device to use the empty space. That was one of the last bullet points at the tutorial.

I´ve used pretty new server hardware. But there´s a small problem. To do some maintenance for example via a live cd I´ve to remove a grafic card from another mashine and plug it in into my server, because the server does not have any graphic chip. To set it up first I´ve done this that way. Pretty ugly!

I´ve noticed that´s possible to boot up SystemRescueCD. There I could use Gparted to do the job. But when I use "boot SystemRescueCD once" the system restarts and that´s it. There´s no DHCP-request at my router. No way to get any SSH-Connection.
    When I manually restart the system after no response it´s going to boot normal @ OMV.

Is there any way to use gparted remote?

Thx in advance!

Kind regards!…
  • New

Hello. I am inexperienced in networking and I apologize if this question is very simple to answer.

What I am trying to achieve is connecting a machine running OMV to my PC using an ethernet cable. If I try to do this, my PC simply sees it as an undentified network. I also get an error, ''Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration''. Windows 7.
    I want to know whether it is possible to configure the devices so the network is functional.
  • New

Hello,

I currently have a M9F00 with a i7-6700T, 32 GB ram and a 250 SSD hooked up to 2 4 Bay MediaSonic ProBox external HD enclosures running 8 Drives with 2 raid 5's giving me a total of 10.83 (5.41 each). The system works well consumes less power then an average machine. I very seldom have issues that are not of my own making. This device has 6 USB 3.0 slots. I'm trying to decide if I should move to a full size desktop. I like the thought of moving to eSATA with the MediaSonics or just putting them all in a case. I just don't want to lose the minimum power consumption.

What I do witht he current system

I stream TV and Movies remotely to another user in the city so transcoding does happen, I also use rutorrent and irssi, Duplicati for backups, Docker, Deluge, Plex media server, and MergeFS.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

JDownloader Plugin doesn't work anymore

Stoker

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

dhawk312

'systemctl edit' not implemented ?

jaym

OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config

kochin

Connect OMV to Active Directory 2012

donh

Recent Activities

• Stoker -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x JDownloader Plugin doesn't work anymore.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I never worked with Docker, is there a tutorial how to install and work with jdownloader in a Docker Container?
  • dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

Here are the various output from these commands. Source Code (17 lines) No clue what this is but here you go: HTML Source Code (22 lines) From syslog: Source Code (30 lines) I enabled SMB/CIFS "full" logging but haven't gotten any logs yet. Source…
  • jaym -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Resolved 'systemctl edit' not implemented ?.

Found the problem: /etc/systemd/system/foo-daemon.d/restart.conf should be: /etc/systemd/system/foo-daemon.service.d/restart.conf With the directory named properly, the drop-in file works as expected. Thanks again for the help.
  • jaym -

Thanks, guys. You have encouraged me to give it another try. I had done systemctl daemon-reload, and when that didn't help, I threw in a reboot also, but that didn't help either. The parameters I added were Source Code (3 lines)If I add these same…
  • ryecoaaron -

systemd on omv 3.x is too old for the edit function. What you did is correct but you probably need to reload the systemctl daemon with systemctl daemon-reload. If that doesnt work, there must be an issue with the parameters in the override file.
  • subzero79 -

Quote from jaym: “What am I doing wrong ? ” depends on the systemd version. default jessie doesn't have it, backport one yes. But the drop in folder still works if you do it manually
  • kochin -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

Mine is a 2-machine setup. The main web server is in a virtual machine, and the OMV box is a physical machine. Of course, they can be both virtual or physical. When you type server.local/omv into the browser. The NGINX server on the server.local (main…
  • scoop -

Liked MoritzJ’s post in the thread OMV 3.x 3rd-party [GUIDE] Syncthing -- Installation and Usage.

Like (Post)
    Please note that this guide is based on OMV 3.0.70 and Syncthing 3.9 and the settings I used(Syncthing can do way more stuff but I don't need it at the moment). If you are using a different version of OMV or the Syncthing plugin your menu structure might…
  • scoop -

Liked tiste’s post in the thread [miniGUIDE] How to share folders with OwnCloud read-only users.

Like (Post)
    How to share folders with OwnCloud read-only users Requirements Onwcloud Plugin activated in Plugins section Description This guide is gonna show you how to share your folders that are stored in your NAS storage with OwnCloud users. Installation First
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Connect OMV to Active Directory 2012.

I did not have any luck with realmd. May just be my system tho. May be upgrading to 2012 soon so will try with that.