openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation

votdev

Enough of Rpi, now what?

Mr.Grape

Error when deleting shared folder

zevleu

Installation auf USB oder SSD?

PeteyBling

install OMV on my NAS with usb Key

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation.

Quote from mcmanuf: “I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd. ” OMV uses proftpd-vroot to separate each user.
  • Mr.Grape -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

Quote from tkaiser: “The problem then is cabling since HC1/HC2 use a combined SATA data/power receptacle and at least I had a hard time finding an appropriate cable for this that separates data from power (I wanted to test cheap SATA port multipliers…
  • mcmanuf -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation.

Like (Post)
    Why do you want to install another ftp server? OMV already installs proftpd. Undo the vsftpd Installation to fix your issue.
  • mcmanuf -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 4.x apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mcmanuf: “I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd. ” use docker. there is a plugin. Quote from mcmanuf: “But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x apt-get install, wants to massacre my OMV installation.

Quote from mcmanuf: “I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd. ” use docker. there is a plugin. Quote from mcmanuf: “But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour…
  • mcmanuf -

I wanted to install vsftpd because I need multiple chroot enviroments. Not sure it can be done with proftpd. But to come back to the questions. Is this expected behaviour on apt-get in openmediavault??? Why does this package want to remove…
  • zevleu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when deleting shared folder.

Thanks for your advises flmaxey :thumbup: Server rebuilt completely (I took this opportunity to upgrade the hardware) and OMV is behaving properly now. I will for sure set up OS backups now to prevent this situation.
  • PeteyBling -

Replied to the thread Installation auf USB oder SSD?.

Hallo und entschuldigt bitte, dass ich den thread nochmal ausgrabe. Ich habe mein OMV 3.0.99 auf einer kleinen SSD, die momentan am SATA-Anschluss des Mainboards angeschlossen ist. Die anderen drei SATA-Anschlüsse sind mit HDDs belegt. (Das Mainboard…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x install OMV on my NAS with usb Key.

Quote from .H.: “even if i re-execute everything. ? ” The command you are executing appends lines to the openmediavault.list file. So, it adds the same line every time you run it. Quote from .H.: “i juste need to remove the line ? ” nano is a…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

Quote from Mr.Grape: “I assume that HC1 would be able to handle 3.5 if it is done by a guerrilla method using only data sata cable and a separate power supply ” The problem then is cabling since HC1/HC2 use a combined SATA data/power receptacle and…