openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hallo,

ich versuche schon seit längerem Plex auf omv4 zu installieren, System wurde neu installiert und alle update durchgeführt.
    omvxtraorg 4 kann ich installieren. Sobald ich versuche Plex zu installieren kommt folgendes Bild und bleibt auch da hängen.

Mit omv 3 lief alles wunderbar, hat jemand Vorschläge, Ideen woran es liegen könnte?
  • New

Hallo zusammen,

Hier im Forum habe ich jetzt schon mehrfach gelesen, dass empfohlen wurde, kein RAID 1 zu verwenden, sondern einzelne Platten zu verwenden und dann per copy Job die Daten kopieren zu lassen.

Was wäre eure Empfehlung?

Ich habe ein recht miese Performance beim kopieren (bisher allerdings nur per WLAN getestet) auf das NAS.

Kann die schlechte Datenrate am SOFTWARE-RAID liegen?
  • New

Hi,

Well, i was with a RAID, it failed , with help, i deleted it, and made a merge FS ... all was ok until i copy data back on it ... and then, the merge FS failed :/

So, i think i have a HDD who's diying but i can't find it... I got another volume (for downloads with transmission), i'd like to keep it, it's only 1 disk ..

I saw the S.M.A.R.T. but all is green and i don't understand detailled infos ...

1 HDD (my only 6 To) is still on garanty, i have to be sure if it's the problem

Thanks for the help, i'm going crazy with thoses HDD ... (and again ... sry for my bad english and my noobish attitude)
  • New

Hello all,

I am stuck and need some assistance. I recently increased the size of my disk from 11TB to 15.2TB. OMV 4.1.3 sees the disk at the correct size but I cannot get the Ext4 FS to resize. I have deleted all shares so nothing is referenced. When I click resize the screen blinks and nothing happens. I am not good at command line but I can usually muddle my way through.

I do not have physical access to the server at this time only remote console. Do I need to expand the FS from the CLI? I know my disk is /dev/sb1.

Are there a set of commands that I can run to expand the FS to the max size without losing my existing data?

Thank you!

-John

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten

philbo

how to test a Hard Drive ?

gderf

Transmission VPN with Nord VPN. Need some help please

aykaydub

is plex working in omv4?

gderf

omv 4 Plex installation

Recent Activities

• philbo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten.

Quote from macom: “Beim Kopieren von einer Festplatte auf eine andere am selben Rechner sollte WLAN keine Rolle spielen. Für das Kopieren kannst du rsync oder das rsnapshot plugin verwenden. ” nee, ich meinte wenn ich von meinem Notebook auf das…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten.

Quote from philbo: “Ich habe ein recht miese Performance beim kopieren (bisher allerdings nur per WLAN getestet) auf das NAS. ” Beim Kopieren von einer Festplatte auf eine andere am selben Rechner sollte WLAN keine Rolle spielen. Für das Kopieren…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how to test a Hard Drive ?.

Look at the Information | Attributes table. If Attributes 5, 197, and 198 have any non-zero Raw Values, it's a sign that the drive might be failing.
  • aykaydub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Transmission VPN with Nord VPN. Need some help please.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

Yes. Either via the plugin, or docker. I run the docker here. Plex has worked continuously for me on OMV 2, 3, and 4 on Intel hardware.
  • richprim -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x is plex working in omv4?.

Thread
    I am wondering if Plex is now working in OMV4? Last time I tried it, it created other problems. Rich Prim
  • Spartakus -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x omv 4 Plex installation.

Thread
    Hallo, ich versuche schon seit längerem Plex auf omv4 zu installieren, System wurde neu installiert und alle update durchgeführt. omvxtraorg 4 kann ich installieren. Sobald ich versuche Plex zu installieren kommt folgendes Bild und bleibt auch da…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Data synchronization between file systems with OMV ?.

You need to provide more information. What types of "files"? How are the files updated? From where are the files updated? How are the files accessed? How are the sites connected? Why not just use a central cloud solution?
  • philbo -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x RAID 1 oder einzelne Festplatten.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, Hier im Forum habe ich jetzt schon mehrfach gelesen, dass empfohlen wurde, kein RAID 1 zu verwenden, sondern einzelne Platten zu verwenden und dann per copy Job die Daten kopieren zu lassen. Was wäre eure Empfehlung? Ich habe ein…
  • bart70 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x how to test a Hard Drive ?.

Thread
    Hi, Well, i was with a RAID, it failed , with help, i deleted it, and made a merge FS ... all was ok until i copy data back on it ... and then, the merge FS failed :/ So, i think i have a HDD who's diying but i can't find it... I got another volume…