openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

how to access / mount installation drive?

KM0201

Hanging while installing docker

install on debian-stretch fails with systemd error

tkaiser

Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi

tkaiser

The Class E Network

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x how to access / mount installation drive?.

If you know you're moving everything, and depending on the file structure.. rsync would be my choice. (I use it quite a bit) Mine is pretty simple.. All my folders, files, etc. Are under one folder... (/sharedfolders/Disk_1). That would be my source…
  • happimeal -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Hanging while installing docker.

Thread
    In the gui, while installing docker plugin, it hangs at this message Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service → /lib/systemd/system/docker.service It has been sitting there for over an hour, any suggestions?
  • kiwijunglist -

how should i go about shifting all my data from NTFS to EXT4? currently i've SSH'd into OMV and just using the mv command to move files from one srv/volume (ntfs) to another srv/volume (ext4) Then when the NTFS volume is empty i plan to delete and…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread install on debian-stretch fails with systemd error.

Quote from hanscees: “Running on an odroid hc2 ” Any specific reason to not use the prepared image?
  • guzzisti -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 4.x how to access / mount installation drive?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from kiwijunglist: “thank you. can i setup omv on my 500gb drive and then buy a small ssd, then migrate the whole system drive to another drive and use that as my system drive in the future? ” You can set up a share on your system drive, it's…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from kiwijunglist: “thank you. can i setup omv on my 500gb drive and then buy a small ssd, then migrate the whole system drive to another drive and use that as my system drive in the future? ” You can set up a share on your system drive, it's…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Headless, automated backup of the system SD-card on RPi.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “But you probably could write the RPi install image to an SD card and then restore the OS partition (haven't tried). ” While this should work there is still a problem since the ThreadX version on the installation image is…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from geaves: “I just googled that and there was a listing "Pimp your PC" this could get silly ” It's been silly for awhile now. You know, if it was a water cpu cooler or something similar, I could buy into the idea. One could make a…
  • Rahul -

Replied to the thread [ Docker ] Enabling Docker from OMV Docker GUI throws error.

Quote from geaves: “I am seriously wondering if the SD card is corrupt, therefore OMV has not installed correctly, there are a few things we could try from the thread link, but it should just work. dpkg -l | grep openm ” Source Code (8 lines) If I try…
  • kiwijunglist -

thank you. can i setup omv on my 500gb drive and then buy a small ssd, then migrate the whole system drive to another drive and use that as my system drive in the future?