openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys, here Kevin form Lima, Perú.
    Im using 3 differente NAS at home, at work and personal office.
    So, i have a proliant DL380 g6 with 1 disk 146gb for OS and 6 disk 146gb raid built in HP array utility for Data and a external seagate 4tb for backups.
    So what happen today is a fail disk of the raid, the led of the disk is orange, and i cant see anymore the shares in the raid, and im worried cause i make backups each week, so i lost a week of work.
    So, my question is, can i recover all data? can u tell me how? i rly need help!!!
    Thanks for your help, if im not in the correct topic, pls move to the right one.
    And sry for my rly bad english.
    Ty.
  • New

@'all
    Da mein Englisch gegebenenfalls nicht ausreicht möchte ich zunächst auf Deutsch mein Problem beschreiben.

Ich habe es zunächst geschafft gehabt, nach dem Update von OMV 3 uaf OMV 4 Nextcloud erfolgreich am "laufen" zu halten. Leider hat zwischenzeitlich die Datenbank ein Problem gehabt, so dass ich mich entschieden hatte - auch um Altlasten zu beseitigen - OMV 4 auf einer neuen/frischen Platte zu installieren und sodann auch Nextcloud neu zu installieren.

1. Problem
    NGINX wird mir unter Dienste nicht angezeigt, obwohl ich es wie beim letzten Mal nach dem Installation To Do installiert habe.

2. Problem
    Nextcloud startet bei mir nicht. Im Installationsfenster habe ich einerseits einen Admin, nebst Passwort, die Datenbank und den Datenbank Admin (omvadmin) angegeben. Danach auf installieren gedrückt und dann ist nichts mehr passiert bzw. er ruft die Login Seite nicht auf.

3. Problem
    Wenn ich dann versuche Nextcloud aufzurufen (Port ist freigegeben im Router, Zertifikat ist…
  • New

After installing a replacement router from my ISP, I cannot get a connection to OMV anymore.
    My NIC is detected succesfully (I'm using a PCI-E Realtek NIC), and OMV does get an IP address. However pinging it from another PC on the network does not work, the GUI and SSH are not available.

When pinging from the CLI to the gateway, all packets time out. I've tried switching back to the onboard NIC, but that did not make a difference. I've already tried omv-firstaid to reset the network interface, that did not help.

What can I try next?

EDIT: OMV is visible in my router config page and on an android device scanner app (Fing). I added a picture of the ifconfig, arp and ethtool commands.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot view filesystem after creation

drew_p13

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

dhawk312

OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config

1activegeek

Newbie, Server hardware, Alpha software: My Winter NAS game

FireFlower

No connection to OMV

Elmardus

Recent Activities

• drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

Quote from flmaxey: “The drives appear to be fine. And you say this happens with both freeNAS and OMV? The problem in this, from a troubleshoot view point, is that anything on the command line won't work without a mounted file system. (So, before…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

The drives appear to be fine. And you say this happens with both freeNAS and OMV? The problem in this, from a troubleshoot view point, is that anything on the command line won't work without a mounted file system. (So, before looking at manually…
  • actionjackson251 -

Liked subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 2.x 3rd-party OpenMediaVault Docker-GUI Plugin Usage [ x86_64 Arch only].

Like (Post)
    Docker-GUI Plugin This guide is intended to explain how to use the docker-gui plugin coded @nicjo814 the front end developer of the zfs plugin . You can find more information about docker in the below link. docker.com/whatisdocker Docker allows to…
  • dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

Thanks for your help. After doing a clean install, my samba shares immediately showed up on the network. Now, I cannot get my Sonarr docker container to pull media from NZBGet automatically.
  • 1activegeek -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV Web UI Behind NGINX Config.

Gotcha, makes sense. As I expected I think anyhow. I've noticed a few wonky things trying to go through the proxy. The main oddity, it seems the header logo for some reason doesn't want to load. Not major. Bigger issue is one of the plugins I use…
  • FireFlower -

Replied to the thread Newbie, Server hardware, Alpha software: My Winter NAS game.

Alright, Chinese SSD arrived finally and tested it on my Windows desktop first because my Server modifications are not year ready yet. UTB8HMvtqmnEXKJk43Ub762LppXaL.png Seems pretty same performance as with Intel 520 Series 60GB SSD, speed is limited…
  • Elmardus -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 3.x No connection to OMV.

Fixed! I accidentally had an iptables rule in place that blocked all outgoing traffic that wasn't going over my vpn. After removing the rule I can connect again :)
  • drew_p13 -

• heiner -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Samba share: Recycle bin does not / never get cleared.

I would have already raised the issue on the bugtracker, but I cannot reproduce it. Is anyone else who has encountered this able to safely reproduce it? From the actual script I cannot even fathom any case - except for maybe the server losing power…
  • drew_p13 -

Quote from flmaxey: “A quick wipe is fine. (Secure wipe is a way to erase the contents of the drive. Usually not necessary.) It's not necessary to separate the drives for SMART. For data drives, SMART stat's are independent of the file…