openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

pinajj

Unable to start virtualbox service

tylerism

How do I upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

macom

Two Odroid HC2 Installed then upgraded to OMV4 but GUI looks different?

vinntec

Docker

raulfg3

Recent Activities

• pinajj -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install.

Thank you for answering. Interestingly, when I run the script, the first line with the 'cat command' does not appear in 'openmediavault.list' file. Problem with cat command? I Don't now what to do. I'm a linux newbie. I was already using omv4 as…
  • tylerism -

Replied to the thread Unable to start virtualbox service.

I have the same error. Upgraded recently to OMV 4.1.6 and the virtual machine could then start but after I rebooted my server I got this error. I have tried to create a new virtual machine but I get the same error. VirtualBox version is 5.2.10.
  • Stramm -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install.

The error message however states, you haven't copied the closing EOF. You need to copy paste everything from cat to EOF (including) As an alternative nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list Then add at the bottom (maybe make a backup of the…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How do I upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Do you get any error messages when you do the update?
  • bad_boo -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x How do I upgrade from 3.x to 4.x.

Quote from macom: “In the GUI: go to the update management section; then press "check" to search for available updates; select all and press "upgrade" From CLI: omv-update ” Thanks for the reply. I did that but still the version is 3.0.79 Erasmus. I…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread core-plugin [How to] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update - 05/17/18.

Like (Post)
    Pi-Hole is a network wide ad blocker which, also, provides protection from malware sites for the users of your LAN. It functions as a DNS proxy where, by blocking name requests to known malware and advertising sites, network security and the client…
  • vinntec -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Two Odroid HC2 Installed then upgraded to OMV4 but GUI looks different?.

As far as the difference in Ethernet port is concerned, this is due to a change to the use of "Predictable Network Interface Names". Not sure why they didn't both use eth0 or the new names, but that's a different question. You can force the system to…
  • 0bw4n -

Here's part 2: depmod... DKMS: install completed. Setting up libflac8:amd64 (1.3.2-1) ... Setting up makepasswd (1.10-10) ... Setting up libvorbisenc2:amd64 (1.3.5-4+deb9u2) ... Setting up libsndfile1:amd64 (1.0.27-3) ... Setting up libpulse0:amd64…
  • 0bw4n -

Here's the log from the virtualbox install log (part 1): Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... The following additional packages will be installed: dkms libasyncns0 libbytes-random-secure-perl…
  • raulfg3 -

Liked RPMan’s post in the thread [HOW-TO] [Docker] Glances (monitoring tool) (all omv versions).

Like (Post)
    Glances is a cross-platform monitoring tool which aims to present amaximum of information in a minimum of space through a curses or Webbased interface. It can adapt dynamically the displayed informationdepending on the user interface size. If you want to…