openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Sharing folders/files over internet

raven66

Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?

ellnic

Help with Easy Backup solution

raven66

No Ethernet card was detected. Installation

Dragonheart100

Autosuspend mode, possible?

topi

Recent Activities

• raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Sharing folders/files over internet.

Yes, that another issue. Basically, you have to balance the scales: if you want speed or security ;) Alternatively, you can forward ports to your OMV and push all traffic to worldwide web unencrypted.
  • ellnic -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

• ellnic -

Liked ArmandH’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Is ZFS supported in Kernel 4.13-4.15?.

Like (Post)
    @ellnic i solved it by running first apt install -t stretch-backports linux-compiler-gcc-6-x86 after that i could install headers apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r) and when that was ready the zfs plugin could be installed.
  • tkaiser -

Quote from raven66: “it's easiest to just create different account for second/third/n person, send them .ovpn config and allow them to connect to your local network. ” And the most important detail is how to setup OpenVPN so that performance doesn't…
  • raven66 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from ryecoaaron: “I am done here. No new plugin will be written and the rsnapshot won't be changed. So, everything should not explode. ” Yeah, I'm worn out too. I'll continue with the Rsync workaround, and come up with…
  • raven66 -

Quote from Frepke: “Hello, I've OMV4 running on a HC1 (docker installed) which is connected to internet over a VPN tunnel (running on my router). Now I like to share some files with a friend, is there a safe easy way to accomplish that? kr., Patrick
  • Dragonheart100 -

Replied to the thread No Ethernet card was detected. Installation.

Can you tell me, how and which Lan network drivers I have to install? So I will install OMV with the WLan card first.
  • topi -

Replied to the thread Autosuspend mode, possible?.

Hi raven66. just to second the issue you mentioned. I have it also several times in the last months and unfortunately I have not managed it to find a solution for it. Hopefully someone has a good idea to solve the issue with the SMB residue.
  • kaworu001 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Network over Smartphone.

Thread
    Guten Tag mein folgendes Problem ist. Mein OMV steht im schlafzimmer und ich möchte kostengünstig ein älteres Handy(android) als W-Lan antenne nutzen im 5ghz Bereich. KLappt auch wunderbar aber das Handy verteilt einen Ganz anderen Adressbereich d.h.…
  • Mr.Grape -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Mr.Grape: “And I'm not really convinced if smb / nfs pushed over the internet is the best idea ” SMB and NFS performance 'over the internet' is horribly low due to high round-trip times. But it's still the very same…