openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi guys, here Kevin form Lima, Perú.
    Im using 3 differente NAS at home, at work and personal office.
    So, i have a proliant DL380 g6 with 1 disk 146gb for OS and 6 disk 146gb raid built in HP array utility for Data and a external seagate 4tb for backups.
    So what happen today is a fail disk of the raid, the led of the disk is orange, and i cant see anymore the shares in the raid, and im worried cause i make backups each week, so i lost a week of work.
    So, my question is, can i recover all data? can u tell me how? i rly need help!!!
    Thanks for your help, if im not in the correct topic, pls move to the right one.
    And sry for my rly bad english.
    Ty.
  • New

@'all
    Da mein Englisch gegebenenfalls nicht ausreicht möchte ich zunächst auf Deutsch mein Problem beschreiben.

Ich habe es zunächst geschafft gehabt, nach dem Update von OMV 3 uaf OMV 4 Nextcloud erfolgreich am "laufen" zu halten. Leider hat zwischenzeitlich die Datenbank ein Problem gehabt, so dass ich mich entschieden hatte - auch um Altlasten zu beseitigen - OMV 4 auf einer neuen/frischen Platte zu installieren und sodann auch Nextcloud neu zu installieren.

1. Problem
    NGINX wird mir unter Dienste nicht angezeigt, obwohl ich es wie beim letzten Mal nach dem Installation To Do installiert habe.

2. Problem
    Nextcloud startet bei mir nicht. Im Installationsfenster habe ich einerseits einen Admin, nebst Passwort, die Datenbank und den Datenbank Admin (omvadmin) angegeben. Danach auf installieren gedrückt und dann ist nichts mehr passiert bzw. er ruft die Login Seite nicht auf.

3. Problem
    Wenn ich dann versuche Nextcloud aufzurufen (Port ist freigegeben im Router, Zertifikat ist…
  • New

After installing a replacement router from my ISP, I cannot get a connection to OMV anymore.
    My NIC is detected succesfully (I'm using a PCI-E Realtek NIC), and OMV does get an IP address. However pinging it from another PC on the network does not work, the GUI and SSH are not available.

When pinging from the CLI to the gateway, all packets time out. I've tried switching back to the onboard NIC, but that did not make a difference. I've already tried omv-firstaid to reset the network interface, that did not help.

What can I try next?

EDIT: OMV is visible in my router config page and on an android device scanner app (Fing). I added a picture of the ifconfig, arp and ethtool commands.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV Fail disk raid

cabrio_leo

SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders

subzero79

Gallery plugin/docker image for home gallery

jfromeo

NGINX Nextcloud OMV4

Django43

HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan

metalguru

Recent Activities

• cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x OMV Fail disk raid.

Hi, you didn´t write which Raid Level you have configured? I assume that the HP array utility can be accessed after POST in the BIOS. Did you have a look into that? Normally it should tell you the Raid Level and which drive has failed. If you have a…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

you can install stretch if you want. But omv4 is still in beta.i think Everything works but sometimes you can encounter bugs.
  • jfromeo -

Replied to the thread Gallery plugin/docker image for home gallery.

Quote from macom: “Quote from jfromeo: “forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running. ” Would it be a solution to install the program on Debian…
  • jfromeo -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Gallery plugin/docker image for home gallery.

Like (Post)
    Quote from jfromeo: “forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running. ” Would it be a solution to install the program on Debian parallel to OMV?
  • Django43 -

Replied to the thread NGINX Nextcloud OMV4.

Okay, meine Fragestellung war vielleicht ein wenig unkonkret. Nachdem er den ganzen Tag noch einmal den Installationspruess überüft habe muss ich feststellen, dass ich den Webserver NGINX nicht zum laufen kriege. Ich installiere zwar das Plugin und…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Gallery plugin/docker image for home gallery.

Quote from jfromeo: “forcing me to maintain 2 copies of all the pictures, one in the sourcer folder and another one in the cache disk where the container is running. ” Would it be a solution to install the program on Debian parallel to OMV?
  • metalguru -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x HC-1 with OMV doesn't show up on IP Scan.

Quote from tkaiser: “My only ideas are then checking download integrity (Md5/SHA1 values on download page) and using Hardkernel's Ubuntu image with 4.14 kernel and see whether this works. If images using the old 3.x kernel work while those with 4.x…
  • dhawk312 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SMB/CIFS - cannot connect to shared folders.

The system is completely update for Jessie. Should I upgrade to Stretch when I reinstall?
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

The purpose of formatting the individual drives was to see if they "disappeared". If they didn't, I wouldn't be sure were to go from there, except to (potentially) ZFS. ____________________________________ Can I assume that your smart counts for the…
  • drew_p13 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x (GIT/pre-alpha) Cannot view filesystem after creation.

Quote from flmaxey: “Wait, I reviewed your screen shots and there may be a question of the order in which you're doing this. The correct order would be. 1. Wipe your disks 2. Create your RAID array 3. Then format the array with a file system. (which…