openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hey!
    I saw on the OMV blog the news about 3.0.89 release on 9 Oct. 2017.
    But sadly, after waiting, today there's nothing on my OMV update menu.
    RPi v2.

Source Code

1. uname -a
    2. Linux rasp2 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Tried :
    omv-apt-clean
    apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade ; apt-get dist-upgrade
    nothing better.

WWW looks like ok.

Source Code

1. ping debian.org
    2. PING debian.org (5.153.231.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
    3. 64 bytes from senfter.debian.org (5.153.231.4): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=49.2 ms
    4. 64 bytes from senfter.debian.org (5.153.231.4): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=48.5 ms
    5. 64 bytes from senfter.debian.org (5.153.231.4): icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=46.1 ms
    Am I alone with this pb ?
    Thx for your…
  • New

Hello,

I am running OMV on an old Dell PC which has an optical drive that i would like to be able access from the network for ripping. I can see the drive in Physical Disks but it does not show up File Systems or as a device for me to share. I've read a couple of threads that suggest it is possible to mount an optical drive but no instructions on how to do so.

Can anyone help please?
  • New

Hi everybody,

today I wanted to give a try to Medusa, cause I find some limitations to SickRage that I use since few months.
    Unfortunatly I was unable to install it (via Docker hub.docker.com/r/lsioarmhf/medusa/ ).

When I create the image with this command :

Source Code

1. docker create \
    2. --name=medusa \
    3. -v /opt/medusa:/config \
    4. -v /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX31DA5D65RF-part1/DOWNLOADS/MEDUSA:/downloads \
    5. -v /srv/dev-disk-by-id-ata-WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX31DA5D65RF-part1/VIDEOTHEQUE/SERIES:/tv \
    6. -e PGID=1000 -e PUID=100 \
    7. -e TZ=Europe/London \
    8. -p 8082:8082 \
    9. lsioarmhf/medusa
    I get a "data container" witch is Stopped and that I cannot modify through the docker gui.

Could…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working

Wolf2000

SMART reports bad sector

Web Gui fehlerhaft nach Deinstallation Plugin (OPEN-VPN)

Wolf2000

hi cpu temperature

Wolf2000

Fresh install OMV 3 with Home Assistant?

dexter2478

Recent Activities

• sieben -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “"This tool must run from SD card!" - Why? ” Explained above. The included tool is buggy and needs to be replaced manually at the moment (an update will fix this in the future). Source Code (2 lines)Since I'm fighting with…
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Can't reach WebGUI after update 3.x. SSH is working.

Yes this can work if you have not made apt-get purge before.
  • mcgyver83 -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x SMART reports bad sector.

Thread
    Hi, I discovered that smart reports bad sector for my usb3.0 hard drive (I'm using OMV with a raspberry pi2). Below the smar information page. I should be worried or is something usual in usb hard drive with a couple of years of usage?
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Web Gui fehlerhaft nach Deinstallation Plugin (OPEN-VPN).

Hi versuch es mit apt-get autoremove hast du schon ein reboot gemacht? Hast du es mit apt-get purge probiert?
  • Wolf2000 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x hi cpu temperature.

By using heat sinks one can lower the temperature, the housing should not be too closed, depending on the craft skill one can drill additional holes. htop is the command if it is not installed then: apt install htop
  • dexter2478 -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Fresh install OMV 3 with Home Assistant?.

hello, sorry my English first. However, I installed it a few hours ago and I followed this guide: home-assistant.io/docs/installation/virtualenv/ though I think it's best to create the user and the group from the GUI and not from the command line. Wait…
  • petrus -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Update RPi v2 current 3.0.88 doesn't see 3.0.89.

Thread
    Hey! I saw on the OMV blog the news about 3.0.89 release on 9 Oct. 2017. But sadly, after waiting, today there's nothing on my OMV update menu. RPi v2. Source Code (2 lines) Tried : omv-apt-clean apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade ; apt-get…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1.

Quote from votdev: “omv-sysinfo ” Unfortunately there's nothing included that could help. @The Machine most probably suffers from undervoltage (this ARM board here wants to be fed with 5V which is not a great idea since some HDD brands stop working when…
  • petrus -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x hi cpu temperature.

Hey, I think 50°C is fine for this board. All my RPi's v1 + v2 are all around this temp from a long time ago without any problem, inside a plastic case, fanless. If I remember well, RPi v3 can be really hot than the others, so 50 looks like nice :) On all…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x OMV not detecting hard disk ODROID HC1.

@tkaiser Please request such infos via omv-sysinfo if possible, armbianmonitor is not shipped via OMV and is not available on all platforms, so it might confuse users that came across this post while searching for an issue. omv-sysinfo can be submitted…