openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes

Agricola

I want to share about 10GB of photos witih family oversears (then unshare after they have them). What's a step by step to do this please?

Adoby

New to OMV and Linux

Adoby

Build a low-power NAS with a SBC

Nefertiti

Format Hard Drive for NTFS in OpenMediaVault

Earthlings

Recent Activities

• Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes.

Oh, I forgot. I was also going to ask if there is a preference to how Syncthing is installed. There is an installation point in plugins, and one through Docker. Which is better, and why, or is there no preference?
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mmcblk1p2 Partition Fills up Until Syncthing Crashes.

After implementing Syncthing for a few days I have been getting "failed to setup inotify handler. Please increase inotify limits, see docs.syncthing.net/users/faq.html#inotify-limits" warnings at the top of my Syncthing GUI. Going to the link there are…
  • Check out: photos.google.com Up to 15GB free photo backup and sharing. It uses the same 15 GB that you have for the gmail storage, if you have it. But you can open a new account for this.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread New to OMV and Linux.

Quote from canadavault: “Quote from Adoby: “I remove my flash memory (SD-cards) and create a image files of them. ” Could you enlighten us like me how to do it in detail? :D ” Sure, but it is a bit of a stupid brute force hack. But, hey! If it works it…
  • Adoby -

An SSD is fine for writing to. I was thinking more about flash memory like SD-card or USB-stick. If you have your rootfs on an SSD then ignore my advice. Except perhaps the backup aspect...
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

How can we use the built in 128MB SPI flash?
  • razvanrudy -

If I understand correctly the root folder is like "Windows" folder , AppData is like "Program Files" folder and the plugins are like "programs" ( the .exe files). The docker been a plugin I assume that is also like a program( an .exe file on windows) If…
  • Earthlings -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Format Hard Drive for NTFS in OpenMediaVault.

Quote from David B: “Hello all, I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS from the OMV web UI, but given that NTFS is not an option in the "Create File System" list, I am somewhat lost right now. Could someone point me in the right direction?…
  • Earthlings -

Liked syrusstk’s post in the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Like (Post)
    Actually you can use an NTFS HDD on your OMV with no problem at all not recommended but not that hard to do actually. The biggest problem I had was to actually have write access on the HDD and that was because windows does something stupid and blocks…
  • Earthlings -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Quote from syrusstk: “Quote from Earthlings: “Wow how did you do that. Did you have to install Plug In or anything for it to work? Let me try again with the Left Shift Shut Down thing... Thank you again. ” Will try to make it as simple as…