The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Spindown issues with ZFS

macom

Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4

macom

what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?

gderf

Can't connect to share with multiple users

Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

bart70

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Spindown issues with ZFS.

Try to use hd-idle -i 1800 to set the spindown time for all drives to 30 min. System drive will not down in any case.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

Quote from Adoby: “wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/app…requtils_cpufreq_govornor ” If you do like this, it will not be persistent. You can adjust the values of the related environmental variables and then omv-mkconf ... I have no access to my HC2 at…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

Quote from Menz: “so it appears its docker causing the huge increase. /var/lib/docker/overlay2 is the largest folder. so unless i figure out how (noobie here in linux) to move docker and and all it contains to a new drive it looks like i may be…
  • Menz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

so it appears its docker causing the huge increase. /var/lib/docker/overlay2 is the largest folder. so unless i figure out how (noobie here in linux) to move docker and and all it contains to a new drive it looks like i may be rebuilding my OMV server. i…
  • ryecoaaron -

As root: du -d1 -h -x / | sort -h This will show you the folders in the root directory that are using the most space. If you want to see more in the most used folder (/var for instance), then: du -d1 -h -x /var/ | sort -h
  • ryecoaaron -

Liked bart70’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Like (Post)
    thanks a lot, it works ;) now i can restart my NAS with union filesystems as you told me on another topic
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

thanks a lot, it works ;) now i can restart my NAS with union filesystems as you told me on another topic
  • Menz -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

Thread
    i really wish i knew what was taking up the space in the OMV system drive. in windows i could use windirstat and find out what was taking up the space. is there any way to see what is taking up so much space and see if any of it is safe to delete?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Impossible to mount file sustem : Structure needs cleaning.

Looks like: fsck.ext4 -f /dev/disk/by-id/md-name-openmediavault:raid9disks mount -a
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

At the new place, the ISP's ADSL router is locked down as well. There's very little I can change but one item is turning off their Wifi (which I did). With my router behind it, I'm in control again. You know, given where I am now, I'm amazed that I…