Topic Replies Last Reply

URGENT HELP NEEDED - a device got unmounted now I can't remount it

Kai

Error while applying config changes

ryecoaaron

How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install

ryecoaaron

Can't boot web server and access webUI after failed update

what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?

gderf

Recent Activities

• Kai -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URGENT HELP NEEDED - a device got unmounted now I can't remount it.

Okay folks, here's where I am at. I'm certain I'm the one that screwed up my OMV virtual install by carelessly exiting from the OMV Control Panel. I found that I could not even create a new share. I screwed up something big time. But, I still think all I
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error while applying config changes.

The error in your picture is fixed by the latest omv-extras. Install the update from the Updates tab.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

That looks perfect. Can you post the output of: apt-cache policy virtualbox now
  • Gratz -

Posted the thread OMV 3.x Can't boot web server and access webUI after failed update.

Thread
    Hi I regularly install all updates from the webUI. Last time I did that there was an error message and I have not been able to access the webUI ever since. When I reboot the system and attach a monitor to my server I get this message on repeat: Quote:…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

You could try copying /var/lib/docker to the Shared folder you created and try switching to that folder again in the plugin. If it worked you can delete /var/lib/docker As I said, your manual edit made to fstab will sooner or later be undone. Do the…
  • rancio123 -

Liked bradman1968’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 Default Login?.

Like (Post)
    Hello,I just installed OMV in virtual environment. When I'm prompted to log into the OS, I get the prompt advising of the normal default username/password, but this does not work. What's the actual default admin login? Thanks,Brad
  • ala.frosty -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 How to do lvm?.

Like (Post)
    You can use LVM with the data disks. In Virtualbox you can create a lot virtual disks to use with LVM. If you ware looking to get experience in LVM this is the way to go. Things like shrinking file systems and pvreduce are not fun. I don't recommend…
  • ala.frosty -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread OMV 1.0 How to do lvm?.

Like (Post)
    Learn how to use VirtualBox plugin. Then you can make lots of virtual disks and if you make many mistakes it does not matter.
  • Menz -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x what is taking up so much space on the boot drive?.

i checked the edit in the fstab and it still held. so on a hunch i switched the dropdown box back to none and all my containers came back and my apps are running. obviously i still have the running out of space issues on my system drive but everything is…
  • gderf -

Quote from Menz: “hello @gderf thanks for the help and sorry for bouncing and asking too many questions all over the place. so i did some research, as i am a noob, and found to make a drive exec was to remove noexec from the /etc/fstab file. i did that…